Complaint Review: Future Shop

• Updated: Tue, April 01, 2014

• Reported By: frustratedbeyondbelief — Comox British Columbia
Future Shop
8800 Glenlyon Parkway Burnaby, British Columbia Canada

Future Shop Best Buy Canada Ltd. Future Shop scamming customers by slipping protection plan onto their bill Burnaby British Columbia

I purchased my Samsung Galaxy tablet from our Future Shop and when the salesperson asked if I wanted the protection plan I said no.  The term was for 24 months at $13.64 per month.  That means that it would have cost me over $500 by the end of the term.  I bought a cover for it and went to the till to pay for it.  I gave them my visa card and they asked me to sign for the purchases.  Not once did they explain to me that I was purchasing a protection plan.  I left and a few months later I noticed the charges on my visa.  I called and asked what the heck was going on and they told me it was for the protection plan.  I told them that I had not purhased the plan and wanted it canceled and they said that they could not.  They gave me the run around to the point I was frustrated and called my lawyer who contacted them to tell them I had been duped into purchasing the plan and to cancel it immediatly and reimburse me for the monies they had charged me.  Their office lawyer contacted me to tell me basically to tell me that you signed you pay and that if I wish to pursue the matter further to submit my papers to their office.  What a way to treat a loyal customer!  Well not so loyal now.  All I want is my money back and the cancellation of this plan.  They have refused, so I have contacted the BBB, consumer protection agency and social media to put out the word that they have to be careful when they shop there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2014 11:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Future-Shop/Burnaby-British-Columbia-v5j-5k3/Future-Shop-Best-Buy-Canada-Ltd-Future-Shop-scamming-customers-by-slipping-protection-pl-1135552. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Future Shop