Complaint Review: g e money bank

• Submitted: Thu, May 24, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, May 25, 2012

• Reported By: helen — Chicago Illinois United States of America
g e money bank
internet, Select State/Province United States of America

g e money bank there wasn't any additional one scammed me out of 1020 dollars internet

*UPDATE Employee: GE Capital Response

*Consumer Comment: Wow...

*Consumer Comment: Don't you see the red flag?

Back in April of this year2012 i was on the internet looking for a loan to pay a couple of bills so Jason McCoy of g e money bank called me to see if i was still interested in the loan of 2000 dollars i said yes so he already had the Information on me from processing the loan on line.

So after looking my application over Jason called me and told me that i would have to send him 290 dollares for a application fee so i sent him that fee on a green dot money pak card so after i sent him the money he then told me i would have to send him some more money which was 490 dollars for some processing fee.

I told him i didn't have the money to send him i wouldn't have it until my next pay which was two weeks later so Jason said okay. He then waited for the two weeks to pass by so i sent him another green money pak so all together from April 2012 to may 14 2012 i sent them 820 dollars.

I asked Jason why did i have to keep sending him money to get money he replied that due to my bad credit he was trying to clear it up. So i told him i didnt believe him so he asked me to send him another 490 dollars before he send my 2000 thousand dollars. I said to him after i send you all this money u will be giving me all my money i sent you. Jason then said in order to receive then money i have to send him the money i said no i want to cancel this loan.

On may 24 2012 Jason had me to send him 182 dollars to cancel the loan so i sent it to him.Then after receiving the money Jason told me he was gonna call me back he had to process my canceled loan in 30 minutes which turned. into two hours later to tell me he came across some problems and i had to send him another 182 dollars i said no IM not i am gonna contact BBB or a lawyer becaused you scammed me out of 1020 dollars.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2012 10:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/g-e-money-bank/internet-Select-StateProvince-/g-e-money-bank-there-wasnt-any-additional-one-scammed-me-out-of-1020-dollars-internet-887934. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on g e money bank

GE Capital Response

AUTHOR: GECapital - (United States of America)

GE Capital provides private label and bankcard credit programs to retailers and consumers in the United States and Canada. We do not provide personal loans via the purchase or use of prepaid money cards, nor do we call or email potential customers to request personal information to establish prepaid cards or personal loans. The offer you outline above appears to be an attempt to fraudulently obtain money or access your confidential financial information and is not associated with, authorized or sponsored by GE Capital or GE Capital Retail Bank. If you believe you have been a victim, you should contact local authorities. More information is available at www.ftc.gov.

As a reminder, to protect your identity and the security of your financial accounts, never give your personal credit card or other financial information to people who call or email you without verifying who they are.

If you have provided your confidential information and are unsure of whether or not it was for a legitimate GE Capital program, please email us at gecapitalcares@ge.com to reach our consumer advocacy team. Please be sure to include your name, a contact phone number and your question or concern; however, for your security do not include any account numbers or other confidential information in your email. If the information was not requested from GE Capital, we will direct you to your local legal authorities for assistance.

Regards,
Nicole
GE Capital

Wow...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

If I read this report correctly, you applied for a "loan" and was told you have to keep sending money to this person.  Then when it looks like you finally got smart and realized it was a scam, you tried to "cancel" the loan.  But in order to cancel the loan you sent ANOTHER $182.

You fell for a very old and very common scam known as the "Advanced Loan Fee" scam.  It is illegal for a lender to require a payment in advanced to guarantee a loan.  Unfortunately for you since they are scammers they don't care about the law.  They gave you no real information.  The names are fake.  The phone number is to a Throw-Away Cell Phone or Internet based phone.  The address is fake, in fact if you traced it down most likely you would find it belongs to a vacant lot or a business that has nothing to do with this.  You sent them an untraceable method of payment.  Also, perhaps the biggest thing is that they are in a foreign country.  In other words they do everything they can to hide who they are.  So you can forget the BBB or any lawyer as you are not going to get your money back.

In fact if you do talk to a lawyer and they offer to help, but require you to pay them any amount of money..run the other way.  That is unless you want to be back here writing another RipOff report.

Don't you see the red flag?

AUTHOR: MochaG - (United States of America)

If you are trying to get $2,000 loan, why do you have to send money in for the stupid processing fee in the first place? Then there is the second, then third, then... I am sorry to tell you this but you need to learn it the hard way. Yes, it is a scam, but you deserve it because you are bought into it and still not realize even though there are red flags everywhere.