Complaint Review: G Skill Memory

• Updated: Thu, December 26, 2013

• Reported By: Robert — Bronx New York
G Skill Memory
8F No.69 Dongxing Rd, Xinyi Dist. 1107 Taipei City, Other Taiwan

G Skill Memory Poor RMA System Resulted In a Total Loss and No Remedy For Me Taipei City Internet

Last year I made the mistake of buying a 16GB set of Gskill memory. A few months after one of the sticks failed and needed to be replaced under manufacturer warranty. The process was a typical rma form. Fill it out, wait for the rma number and address then ship the product out. That part was smooth sailing. I sent it with tracking so I knew they had gotten it within a couple of days.

About 3 weeks went by and I hadent received my replacement nor tracking number, email or any other contact from them. I emailed them and asked if there was a problem with the rma. A few days later I received an email saying there wasnt a problem and I should be getting it shortly.

Another 2 weeks go by and nothing so I sent another email asking for a tracking number or anything indicating that it was shipped out (other than a "You will be receiving it shortly" response). 2 Weeks after that email I got a response with a tracking number. The reason they responded at all was because I posted the problem on their facebook wall, wasnt a direct response to the several emails I sent over those couple of weeks.

Problem is that tracking number said it was delivered weeks before. I promptly went to my post office with tracking number in hand and explained to them that I never got this package and their response was "only the letter carrier would be able to figure out what happened to it". Spoke to my carrier and she pretty much scratches her head and says "A small package delivered a couple of weeks ago.......", you can fill in the blanks yourself.

Emailed gskill a few more times and again got no repsonse. Tried to register on their message board and got a message saying my ip was blocked and couldnt complete the registration process. Ok, they responded to me posting on their facebook wall last time so let's try that. Posted on their wall pretty much everything I wrote in this review. A couple of hours later, my post was removed from their wall and I could no longer post there (they moved pretty fast on that one).

In the end, this was never resolved, no reply from them and I ended up losing out on over $100 bucks (Cost of the memory and shipping the defective unit to them).

Buyer beware when dealing with this company. Responses are slow (if you get any response at all). If there are any hiccups during the rma process you can pretty much take it as a loss. They will not help. their support department is run by a bunch of morons who think providing a tracking number after 3 weeks, 20 emails, facebook posts and numerous unanswered calls is how business is supposed to run.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2013 06:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/G-Skill-Memory/Taipei-City-Other-11070/G-Skill-Memory-Poor-RMA-System-Resulted-In-a-Total-Loss-and-No-Remedy-For-Me-Taipei-City-1110109. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on G Skill Memory