Complaint Review: Galpin Ford

Galpin Ford
15505 Roscoe Blvd North Hills, CA 91343 North Hills, California USA

Galpin Ford Galpin Motors Scam North Hills California

*Consumer Comment: Interesting

I just had the most disappointing experience with Galpin Ford, accusing me for lying to their service person and charging me for diagnostics which I already knew the results of. I brought in my car and told them I had a problem with caliper 4 misfire and low compression on nr. 2. I asked how much it's going to cost me to find out what is causing this and what it's going to take to fix it. After 2 days, they call me and tell me that  I have a problem with caliper 4 misfire and low compression on nr. 2 and that I never told them about this so they need to charge an additional $800 to do further diagnostics.

When I brought the car on Saturday, I very specifically said: "I will not pay you to tell me what I already know. Please tell me what the cause is and how to fix it". Service person Sam agreed. Firstly, they agreed that I told them this when I brought the car in. Later, they told me I never said this. Now, they are lying that I said this, but few days later, after the "inspection" has been done.

Now, their reasoning is "You should have read the small letters". Basically laughing in my face I got tricked.

Never will do business with them again. Horrible service.

Very disappointing for Ford and who Ford is doing business with...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2013 12:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Galpin-Ford/North-Hills-California-91343/Galpin-Ford-Galpin-Motors-Scam-North-Hills-California-1093490. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Galpin Ford

Interesting

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

"Caliper 4 misfire"?  You should have had the check the #1 transmixer (not 2 or 3).  Also, it could be somebody installed a cadillac converter.