Complaint Review: Gamestop

• Updated: Tue, September 10, 2013

• Reported By: Mike — winston salem North Carolina
Gamestop
353 E Hanes Mill Rd Winston-Salem winston salem, North Carolina USA

Gamestop Gamestop-Lies about Warranty BIG SUPRISE!!! winston salem North Carolina

*Author of original report: random guy

*Consumer Comment: Nice Try..

I went into this local Gamestop and purchased my Playstation 3 in February 2013. I was told that I would receive a 2 year warranty if I payed for that. Since I was there to replace a broken Playstation 3 already I thought to myself "Why not" so I paid the extra bought the money long story short the console craps out on me in May/2013 I dont live in a dusty environment the thing tore up. Well get this Gamestop's lying employees inform me that I have a warranty through the manufacturer and that I have to send it to them and pay the shipping etc. I was also told their warranty starts a year after the manufacturer warranty and I only get one year. I told the Manager that I was lied to and told by his little friend standing next to him that he informed me it was a 2 year replacement coverage and I could bring my system in anytime during those two years and replace it. The manager shrugged at me and tossed me a pamplet and said contact the manufacturer. Basically I told him what he could do with his pamplet and his lying a*s employees. I will never shop at any Gamestop again and I will actively discourage everyone I know from ever shopping there again. This is about the third time ive been lied too or ripped-off by one of these crappy a** stores. I will forever support PLAY n TRADE in Asheville, N.C the owner Rich is a decent and honest man who takes care of you. These companies need to be held accountable for the lies they spew in order to sell products. DOWN WITH GAMESTOP!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2013 03:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gamestop/winston-salem-North-Carolina-27104/Gamestop-Gamestop-Lies-about-Warranty-BIG-SUPRISE-winston-salem-North-Carolina-1083422. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gamestop

random guy

AUTHOR: Mike - ()

Ok, random guy im putting up the scan of the receipt for you to see. And I dont own Play n Trade the reason I cant go there as often as I like is because Asheville is a two and a half hour drive from me. So I go on weekends when I can or when I take my kids to visit their mom. Trust me Gamestop will never get another dollar from me!!! even driving two and a half hours proves less frustrating then dealing with liars!!

Nice Try..

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

You know you almost had me, right up until the time you put in the plug for your store.  After all if the store you mentioned is so great..why do you keep going to other places only to get ripped off?

Of course there is always a possibility you are telling the truth.  So how about scanning a copy of your receipt showing a purchase of the PS3 in February along with the warranty.