Complaint Review: gamesville.com

• Submitted: Sun, December 20, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, January 15, 2013

• Reported By: Desilu1977 — Brunswick Georgia U.S.A.
gamesville.com

gamesville.com GAMESVILLE.COM Internet

*General Comment: GAMESVILLE PARTNERS

*UPDATE Employee: How does Gamesville work?

*General Comment: no such thing as "luck" with these games

*Consumer Comment: I have won

*UPDATE Employee: Please help us, help you

*Consumer Comment: Gold Membership Fees Over charged

*UPDATE Employee: Gamesville.com is a legitimate and credible website

Gamesville.com is a scam as far as I have seen , I've been a member since 2002 and went to the gold membership last year , the first year I was gold they charged the right amount of $24.95 for the year , but when I renewed they charged me over $40.00 , the other reason I believe them to be a rip off is the non paying members supposeably  win , also the players who haven't been members long just became members this year. never have been proved wrong. or never have talked to members who have won. the gold treasure game only gives you GV points never any cash or prizes as they claim it does. BEWARE OF PAYING FOR MEMBERSHIP AS IT DOESN'T DO ANYTHING! as I said been a free member since 2002 and nver won squat! gold isn't any better.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2009 06:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/gamesvillecom/internet/gamesvillecom-GAMESVILLECOM-Internet-542795. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on gamesville.com

#1 General Comment

GAMESVILLE PARTNERS

AUTHOR: chris5192 - (United States of America)

i am not so worried about the gamesville site itself being a scam but the partner site world winner that is offered when joining gamesville.  worldwinner is truly a scam and has hundreds of reports  most are witch are about people having there account closed for no reason and not being able to get replies from player sevices.   im sure to some level gamesville knows this and should not offer this as a partner website as it is not a ligit site.

How does Gamesville work?

Dear jrs397 -

Thank you for your feedback about Gamesville's prizes. You're right: Luck generally isn't enough to win a prize at Gamesville; luck is just one aspect of what it takes. Let me explain.

Winning prizes at Gamesville requires three essential elements: Luck, skill, and perseverance. In bingo, for example, the balls called need to match the numbers on your cards (luck); you need to recognize that you have a match in order to stop the game and claim the prize before someone else does (skill); and you need to be in it to win it (perseverance).

Are games at Gamesville governed by our servers and our game logic? Yes. But that's not a secret, and it's no different from any other game site that offers people a chance to win prizes.

What is different at Gamesville is the sheer volume of prizes we give away every day of the year. At other games sites, which also offer prizes, you can find multiple days where no one wins anything, or a few people win a deck of cards or some water bottles.

At Gamesville, its never like that. Never, ever. We literally mail out tens of thousands of dollars in cash prizes to thousands of winners each month. Hopefully your day in the sun comes soon.

#3 General Comment

no such thing as "luck" with these games

AUTHOR: jrs397 - (United States of America)

Hello. I would just like to congratulate cfar for her good fortune. Secondly,I must politely disagree with her about it being just "luck". This is an internet site,which means you are playing against a computer. By that very admission,any aspect of chance is eliminated from the game. You (or other players) only win when it (the computer) or the people who own and operate it say so. Even the free games are set up in this manner. I have been a member and played the bingo games off and on for over a year. One thing I have noticed,the big money games only pay out roughly once every six days. Instead of paying out once a week,they should pay out smaller pots and do so with some slight degree of frequency in the big games like real bingo parlors do so that at least people won't feel like they're wasting their time and they have an actual legitimate chance of winning.

I have won

AUTHOR: cfar - (United States of America)

I registered for free service in January of this year and won a daily drawing later that month.  After winning the $25 gift card, I decided to pay the $2.99 for the gold membership for a month.  In February, I then clicked the lucky chest in the Gold game and won $100 US.  Although I haven't received the winnings yet, they are still within the time they state it may take to receive winnings.  Being overcharged is certainly a reason to complain and request compensation, but as far as a scam for not winning, I think it is just luck, so far I've been lucky.

Please help us, help you

Dear Tiredofripoffs - TP (Italy) -

Thanks for your comments.

While we have never offered a promotion to buy three years of Gold for the price of one year, we have offered (and do offer) a special deal where you can purchase three years of Gold at a substantial discount over the annual subscription. The price for the three-year subscription is $68.99.

If you send me your Gamesville member name, it would be my pleasure to help you resolve the problem you're experiencing. You can leave your GV member name here, if you're comfortable, or contact me through my Gamesville profile at: http://www.gamesville.com/profiles/chriscummings101

Gold Membership Fees Over charged

AUTHOR: Tiredofripoffs - (Italy)

I agree with Desilu1977 report but wont call Gamesville a scam however since I have won small amount before Gamesville limit winnings to USA, UK and Canada.  However, Mr Cummings, what Desilu has said is true, I too was a Gold member and paid the $24.95  for the year, then last year there was an offer to renew and benefit from a 3 tear Gold membership at the same price of one, but lo and behold when I check my statement I was charged over 90.00 and even though I did contact Gamesville just like you suggested no one responded to my claims or any my question as to why I was over charged.

Also, I notice that even though I am a gold member I have never even won the supposedly cash prices the treasure chest are suppose to hold.  In my opinion, members who are not gold members win far more than those of us who invest our hard earn money into Gamesville. We are not asking for a gold mine, but at least we should be rewarded.

Gamesville.com is a legitimate and credible website

Dear Desilu1977 -

From what you've described, there are multiple issues at play that I'd like to help with.

First, I want to apologize for any billing errors you may have experienced. Please contact Gamesville customer service through http://help.gamesville.com with your Gamesville member name so we can research and understand what's happened, and help resolve it.

As for the Gamesville Gold service itself... Gamesville Gold, or "GV Gold", is a service at Gamesville that enables people to play their favorite Gamesville games -- like Three-Eyed Bingo, Magic 21, and Frantic Fish -- without commercials, banners, or other intrusive ads.

As a member of GV Gold, you also get access to special members-only rooms for each Gamesville game; entry to our Treasure Room where you can win cash or other prizes every day of the year; exclusive items for your Gamesville Avatar; and automatically doubled jackpots in select games.

Going "Gold" has its benefits, but it does not and will not affect your odds of winning a cash prize.

Lastly, in any game show, sweepstakes, contest or competition, many people play and only a few people actually win. We're lucky at Gamesville -- since we have games running around the clock, and have great sponsors, we can afford to give away more money to more people than virtually any other games site on the Internet. That's a tremendous thing! But even we don't have an unlimited prize budget.

As much as I wish we could give away cash prizes to every single person who plays, we can't. Nobody has those kinds of unlimited funds. That said, we are always working on more ways to give away even more prizes to even more people. It takes skill, luck, and perseverance to win. Hopefully, your time comes soon, whether it's at Gamesville or somewhere else.