Complaint Review: gametag.com

• Submitted: Sun, May 06, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, June 09, 2012

• Reported By: machosasquatcho — Vancouver Internet Canada
gametag.com

gametag.com Gametag offered $350, took control of account, then stated they would not pay. Internet

*Author of original report: Resolved - Big confusion, they did pay me and I overreacted.

Gametag.com offered me $350 for my Star Wars The Old Republic account and, of course, they demanded my username and password for it. More than a week later (several days longer than they said they'd take to contact me back) they stated they refused to pay that money and would instead pay only a fraction of that amount.

Essentially, they scammed my password out of me and now are trying to use leverage to worm out of a pre-agreed deal. Absolutely ridiculous and shameful. Avoid.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2012 08:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/gametagcom/internet/gametagcom-Gametag-offered-350-took-control-of-account-then-stated-they-would-not-pay-879067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on gametag.com

Resolved - Big confusion, they did pay me and I overreacted.

AUTHOR: machosasquatcho - (Canada)

Alright, so there was a big confusion on what actually happened here so I need to clear this up.

1. I'll retract what I said about them scamming me
2. They did reduce the price because I listed 20,000,000 gold when I only had 2,000,000
3. They did contact me but the emails went to my junk folder

I did accept the reduced price because the error was my fault and they ended up issuing payment right away.

Was a pleasure dealing with them and plan to sell my League of Legends account to them when they launch the game.