Complaint Review: gametag.com

• Reported By: atallman32 — United States of America
gametag.com

gametag.com bait and switch, Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: final update - issue was completely resolved

*Author of original report: modification

straightforward (if understandably detailed) process for entering character data attempts to use live chat for support on exact format for desired data got no results automated quote did come back quickly. additional red flag: they asked for the information of value in order to complete the application process and accept the automated offer.

the really fast service they provided was cutting 60% off the initial offer in a second offer mail right on the heels of the first. had I actually given them the last pieces of info I would have been screwed.  Whole thing felt scummy. would rather give the character to a friend than try to do business with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2012 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/gametagcom/internet/gametagcom-bait-and-switch-Internet-885409. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on gametag.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

final update - issue was completely resolved

AUTHOR: atallman32 - (United States of America)

I'm updating this thread with a final update. Been a while but as I said in my last post, situation was in the process of being resolved. I'm was unable to retract this statement and now I forgot what email I used when registering this account. with all of that said, they were able to explain everything to me, problem was I listed more assets in my submission than I had and once everything was sorted out, payment was issued.

modification

AUTHOR: atallman32 - (United States of America)

In fairness to gametag.com I'm updating this thread - they have an agent in contact with me now.
It is possible that there was a technical issue at their end due to a form getting overloaded.
The situation is still not resolved - if it is I will certainly retract this complaint.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC