Complaint Review: gamewar.com

gamewar.com
Internet USA

gamewar.com COMPLETE RIPOFF!! STOLE MY ACCOUNT  Internet

*Author of original report: RESOLVED

This company is is a scam. After reading some good and bad reviews, i decided to test my luck selling my Guild Wars 2 account. I sent in an inquiry wanting to sell my account. I listed all pertinent info to get an accurate estimate and was satisfied with their offer. Things were going well up to this point, as there seemed to be some line of communication which eased my nerves a bit. However, this is where things went down hill. After accepting there offer i recieved instructions that they would need to confirm the account and its belongings and make sure it was in good standings. I've known this to be a normal step in the procedure from other transactions with various sites in the past. So, i followed through with their request, and gave them the email address and password associated with the account. A few days later i recieved an email that the password i gave them was incorrect. I double checked, and sent them another email verifying that i did indeed give them the correct info. At this point, i recieved an email back stating that there was nothing further for me to do and that they had an agent assigned to my submission and they would be reviewing my account. I continued to check my account daily for anything suspicious and to make sure i had access to it. Everything was fine for almost a week, and then the communication stopped and the email and password to the account were changed. I've since emailed them over a dozen times, all with the same automated reply, "That due to the recent bulk amount of commonly asked question emails, we request that you review our database of commonly asked questions."

There is never a live chat agent available, and there is no agent you can call either. I hope this report prevents others from getting scammed and losing their accounts. Stay away from gamewar.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2013 03:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/gamewarcom/internet/gamewarcom-COMPLETE-RIPOFF-STOLE-MY-ACCOUNTnbsp-Internet-1047237. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on gamewar.com

RESOLVED

AUTHOR: jhawk27 - ()

By the way everyone, I did receive payment for my Guild Wars 2 account. The process did take sometime as noted above but they were backed up. Friend recently sold his Guild Wars 2 account and his transaction went faster. Everything was eventually cleared up and I have no further conflicts.