Complaint Review: Ganley Honda

• Submitted: Mon, August 03, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, April 07, 2011

• Reported By:avon Ohio
Ganley Honda
25870 Lorain Road North Olmsted, Ohio U.S.A.

Ganley Honda Ganley Honda New Price Scam North Olmsted Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Similar Problem

*Consumer Comment: Question

Beware of buying a Honda from Ganley Honda. I Here are some things that happened to me. I made the deal with Internet pricing for a new car with a salesman named Tom, however when I picked the car up it had 136 miles on it. Tom assured me that was typical for a new car, however I have bought over a dozen new cars in my life and none of them had more than a few miles on them. Apparently the reason Ganley was able to offer me the price that it did was due to some rebate program Honda had, as Mike from finance told me I could get lower financing rates or the $500.00 off that was already built into the price (due to mileage? I never found out).

None of this was disclosed to me prior to that time. Also when I sat down with Mike in finance I had papers put in front of me that steered me to some bank, name not given, that had a $195.00 processing fee, and a $150.00 penalty for early pay off. When I asked to see what Honda Financial was offering for rates, I was told it was higher. However when I asked to see what the monthly payment would be, it turned out to be lower, also there was no penalty for early payoff.

Finally I was not informed that Ganley insists that the buyer sign an arbitration agreement, or the company will not sell you a car, until all the paperwork was done and it was time to sign. When I told the finance guy I was uncomfortable giving up any legal rights I may have for no apparent reason he said that Mr. Ganley doesn't want to have to pay some big award because somebody sitting on the jury has had a bad car experience, and that I could sign or walk away. I signed reluctantly, something I would not do again.

In short I feel that I was somewhat ambushed here. I would never purchase another car from this dealer and will be looking at other automakers in the future because as much as I like Honda cars, I won't do business with a company that supports scam artists like Ganley Honda.

Mike
avon, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2009 09:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ganley-Honda/North-Olmsted-Ohio-44070/Ganley-Honda-Ganley-Honda-New-Price-Scam-North-Olmsted-Ohio-475931. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ganley Honda

Similar Problem

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (United States of America)

I had a similar problem just recently.  I took a vehicle for a test drive at Ganley Honda and even though I told the salesman that I was still looking around, he instantly jumped on making a deal.  He then told me that if I didn't want it sold while I shopped around, I would have to put $300 down to "hold" the vehicle.  He insisted that it was refundable.  My husband handed him our bank card and a few minutes later the salesman came back and said "OK I just need you to OK the $1,000 to hold it."  My husband and I weren't sure what to do, and that's when the salesman began his fast-talk once more.  We finally agreed after feeling extremely pressured.  The next thing we know, some guy from financing came down and put an arbitration agreement in front of us and a sales agreement.  He said something so fast about Mr. Ganley having a lot of lawyers and that it was to protect us from legal expenses.  I thought this sounded very odd.

Then we looked at the other paper that said "Sales agreement" and saw that they wanted us to sign a contract stating that we were absolutely going to buy the vehicle!  We didn't even know for sure, and we had stated that very clearly.   The salesman then went on to tell us how we wouldn't be able to get financed anywhere else because my husband is disabled and is receiving unearned income (disability payments).  We thought we had no other options, so we signed the papers.  We were told they would call us in about a day or 2 once they ran everything through some banks.  Thankfully, they ended up not wanting to finance us (even with half the price paid in cash as a down payment).  Even though we signed a purchase agreement, our $1,000 we had paid was refunded.  That would not have happened except for a little bit in the fine print that stating it could only be refunded if we were unable to obtain financing.  It's their loss, however.  We left Ganley and were able to get a newer vehicle with lower payments than Ganley estimated for us, and much lower mileage at another dealership.

And for anyone reading this- my uncle is an attorney, and after checking with him, he said NEVER sign an arbitration agreement, especially when buying a car!  Ganley won't sell you a car without signing it, and normally springs it on you at the last minute.  Do not give up your rights.  If they won't sell you a car without it, go elsewhere!  There are many dealerships out there who won't force this upon you, and even if they say it's to protect you, it's NOT.

All in all, we felt lied to and swindled.  We got lucky that they backed out of the deal.  It could have ended very badly for us!

Question

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

if you were obviously mistrusting of the deal, you didn't like the terms of the deal, why didn't you walk away? They obviously told you all of this before you signed anything. Yet you went ahead and signed it anyways?

despair