Complaint Review: Garage Cell / Dependable Wireless

• Updated: Thu, May 01, 2014

• Reported By: Georgia
Garage Cell / Dependable Wireless
7506 Reindeer Trl San Antonio, Texas USA

Garage Cell / Dependable Wireless Mike Derose Scammer, Sold phone that didn't work, stole my money and phone, would not respond to emails, RIP OFF, SCAMMER San Antonio Texas

*Consumer Comment: My Experience With Garage Cell

I purchased a cell phone from this person through Ebay and the phone he sold me stopped working properly within a month. I contacted him through e-mail and he was very nice but reassuring me that I could receive a replacement if I ship him back the damaged one. I shipped the phone back with an RMA # and then never heard back from him!! After waiting a couple of weeks, hoping this wasn't true, I gave up hope and realized I was being scammed. To top it off, I went to his Ebay and realized this scum blocked me. He is a liar and a theif and should not be allowed to be in business!

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS PLACE!!! HE'S A SCAMMER!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2014 10:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Garage-Cell-Dependable-Wireless/San-Antonio-Texas-78238/Garage-Cell-Dependable-Wireless-Mike-Derose-Scammer-Sold-phone-that-didnt-work-stole-1143252. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Garage Cell / Dependable Wireless

My Experience With Garage Cell

AUTHOR: DauntlessFear - ()

OK; to start this off: I use the Motorola Droid Bionic. I have had 2 of them. This issue I have run into while purchasing a replacement Bionic; the Ebay post listed them as "New Other". Meaning the product is new but may not have the original packaging. Well anyways i purchased my first one. When it got to me; before starting it, it looked new. I started the phone and immediatley noticed the first issue. One of the lighted tough buttons was flickering on and off. Then I started to look over the phone entirely. I took the back cover off and noticed multiple issues. Some of it cosmetic. But there were heat marks from the battery, the plastic peice that shows where to insert the SIM card was gone with traces of glue still there. And the water seal was broken. After noticing these things; I had the phone returned with the option of either receiving a replacement or a refund. The guy was nice like this original poster put on here. So I opted for a replacement. I received my second phone and once again; there were issues. Once again before turning it on; it looked new. But after oriented it on; I noticed that the screen was damaged. Slightly pushed in. I checked the back; it was better but still showed signs of heat and the water seal was also broken. Another part that really annoyed me; relating to the fact that they should have been new. But I also chose to get a replacement of the phone because of the stock operating system. The stock update is 2.3.4 . This first one was stock. This second one was at 4.1.1. One other thing I did notice. It could be irrelevant but it bothered me on top of everything else. I have a Droid Bionic. On startup it first shows the Motorola emblem with white lettering underneath to say it has a Dual Core. Well when I started up both of the ones I've received. Both of them showed the Motorola Emblem; but not the other part. It could be nothing but it made me nervous. Really overall I'm really annoyed. If something is listed as new; it needs to be new. While I appreciate the ability to keep in contact with the seller; I can't respect someone who doesn't sell by their word. I would recommend that any other consumers steer clear of this seller. While I'm sure the phones may have worked OK to some degree; I also get the feeling that they may not work for long. The phone were obviously damaged. And if the posting as new was a lie; then I would have to imagine that the actual condition of the phone is rather faulty internally. I hope this post helps. I'll post back with more if I come up with anything.