Complaint Review: Garage Door Service Co.

• Submitted: Wed, May 07, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, May 07, 2014

• Reported By: Sandy - Eagan, MN — Eagan Minnesota
Garage Door Service Co.
100 S 5th Street, 19th Floor Minneapolis, Minnesota USA

Garage Door Service Co. . - Mpls. MN Deceptive Advertising Minneapolis Minnesota

Garage Door Service Company representative arrived as scheduled to my home for a quoted tune-up and safety inspection.  He inspected my garage door operation...all right.  So quoting him, the springs are wrong, the rollers are not right, the roller tract is off set, the motor track has a broken screw, the door has a slight gap that is not right, the hinges are wrong too.

So to start, Chris quoted $550 for a new motor, and would give a $125 off discount.  The quoted tune-up was solely a spray on the roller track of silacone.  When he left, he didn't even reattach the motor to the rail bar.

The representative used the "F" word, and said his family owns the company, and he said I told him to leave, which I never did, and he insulted me personally and was very unprofessional.

I did not receive a $128.95 value service call.  And this was a scam to get the consumer to buy product and services not in line with what makes common sense.  The website states that "Hinges, springs, and track checked; efforts made to reduce noise; and much more.  I recommend you   do  not   use   this   company.

When I called the customer service for this company to complain and said that Chris left my garage door not working, the women said, quote you stated that all he did was spray silacone on the door, well that wouldn't make it not operational, I finally had to hang up on her because she was asking me, what did he do to make it not working?  I got a friend to help me get the door back hooked-up to the garage door motor and track.  This was a very unpleasant experience.  Scam all the way.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2014 09:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Garage-Door-Service-Co/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55402/Garage-Door-Service-Co-Mpls-MN-Deceptive-Advertising-Minneapolis-Minnesota-1144701. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Garage Door Service Co.