Complaint Review: Garcinia Cambogia

• Reported By: Dave — Omaha Nebraska
Garcinia Cambogia
12399 S Belcher Rd, Largo, Florida USA

Pure Garcinia Cambogia Deception at every turn Largo Florida

I received a deceptive email from this company appearing to be from my sister in support of a diet substance called Garcinia Cambogia. I should have known better. When I called them for a free trial, one of the first things they asked for was a credit card number. Then I learned that a subscription would automatically be placed at the end of the trial, so I got suspicious and told them I wasn't interested. The representative tried real hard to sell the trial, saying that all I had to do was return the product after I received it, but I still declined.

I thought that cleared up everything, but then I saw a confirmation email that my product had been shipped. So, I called again and was told that although the product had shipped, I could get an RMA# and return it after it arrived. Nonetheless, I also sent an email immediately canceling the free trial.

The product arrived and then I learned that the free trial had expired three days before I received the shipment and my card had been charged $148. I sent in the RMA by registered mail (another $23) requesting a refund of everything. Registered mail was recommended by the company because they would not be responsible for returns that were "lost in transit." Surprise, surprise! I would be willing to bet that all returns that are not registered are myteriously lost in transit.

A week after I returned it, I called to inquire about my refund and was told it takes 10 days to process the refund after it was received by the warehouse, even though their own instructions say 4 days.

A month after it was received, I had not received a refund, so I called again. The representative checked with the warehouse and confirmed that the return had been received and that my refund would be prossed to the credit card I used within 24 hours. Apparently it takes another phone call to trigger processing the refund.

I haven't received the refund yet, so I will only believe it when it happens. These folks are very polite on the phone, but very, very decptive in all else they do. Best to stay away from them and under no circumstances give them a card number.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2014 12:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Garcinia-Cambogia/Largo-Florida-33773/Pure-Garcinia-Cambogia-Deception-at-every-turn-Largo-Florida-1127559. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Garcinia Cambogia