Complaint Review: GARDEN CITY GROUP

• Submitted: Tue, January 01, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, June 19, 2010

• Reported By:Las Vegas Nevada
GARDEN CITY GROUP
POB 9089 DUBLIN, Ohio U.S.A.

GARDEN CITY GROUP CLAIMED TO BE FILING CLASS ACTION SUITE AGAINST AMERIPRISE DUBLIN, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Just got my check from the settlement

*Author of original report: NEED A RESPONSE

*Author of original report: J WHY HAVE THEY NOT RESPONDED TO ANY OF MY LETTERS AND EMAILS???

*UPDATE Employee: Garden City Group is legitimate

*UPDATE Employee: Garden City Group is legitimate

Supposedly, this company asked for my information as an American Express IRA customer in order to file a class action suite. This was on June 2007. Since then I have heard NOTHING. I have emailed them twice and sent a letter once WITH NO RESPONSE AT ALL. I have tried to contact the Attorney General of Ohio to see if this was just a fraud and have not received any response. Is anyone else envolved in this law suit getting any information or update?

Joe
Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2008 04:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GARDEN-CITY-GROUP/DUBLIN-Ohio-43017-0989/GARDEN-CITY-GROUP-CLAIMED-TO-BE-FILING-CLASS-ACTION-SUITE-AGAINST-AMERIPRISE-DUBLIN-Ohio-296037. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GARDEN CITY GROUP

Just got my check from the settlement

AUTHOR: Brownbag - (United States of America)

I stumbled across this looking for information related to the settlement check. These types of lawsuits take years to go through the court system. There was no question in my mind that the company they contacted me about had charged fees that I should not have paid. I found the old account number from old records and sent it in. I got my settlement check a couple weeks ago. It's not a lot, but it was worth taking the time to fill it out.

AUTHOR: J - (U.S.A.)

THE REBUTTALS I HAVE RECEIVED ARE REPETITIOUS. ALL I GET IS THAT THE COMPANY IS LEGITIMATE. IF THAT IS THE CASE THEN RESPOND TO THE LAST QUESTION FROM "J".

AUTHOR: J - (U.S.A.)

J WHY HAVE THEY NOT RESPONDED TO ANY OF MY LETTERS AND EMAILS???

AUTHOR: J - (U.S.A.)

So an employee ??? claims the company is legitimate. In that case, WHY HAVE THEY NOT RESPONDED TO ANY OF MY LETTERS AND EMAILS??? If there are too many questions being sent to this company about the law suit, then why not just send out a form letter explaining the current status or situation of this law suit. If that is too hard, then update the status of the suit on your web site.

Garden City Group is legitimate

AUTHOR: Garden City Group Employee - (U.S.A.)

Hello,

I am an employee of Garden City Group at the branch in Dublin Ohio. I happen to come across your comment while searching for something online. I can tell you this is a legitimate company. Perhaps your contact information is wrong? You said you tried writing a letter and phone called. What address and number did you use? I know a lot of claimants/potential claimants have been confused before because we have several branches across the country. Our main website is gardencitygroup.com

If you have already resolved this, then don't worry about this. Just thought I'd help! Good luck.

Garden City Group is legitimate

AUTHOR: Garden City Group Employee - (U.S.A.)

Hello,