Complaint Review: Garden Ridge

• Reported By: Anonymous — United States of America
Garden Ridge
1325 N. Meacham Rd. Schaumburg, Illinois United States of America

Garden Ridge Employment scam Schaumburg, Illinois

Beware if offered employment with this company.

During my interview I was told the job was a temporary position for 55 hours per week for a period of 6 weeks, after which time I would be either be let go of, or offered a permanent position.

I was hired on 8/02/2010 and scheduled for 60 hours over the two week pay-period.  After 7 business days I was informed by the store manager that the store was downsizing and hours were going to be cut.  For the next two weeks I was the only employee not scheduled at all, though every other employee was scheduled at least two days per week.

During this time I was telephoned by a co-worker under the direction and supervision of a supervisor and asked if I had quit.  When I returned to work on 8/23 I found that I was listed on the schedule as custodian.  The store manager was conveniently not scheduled on the days I was for 6 business days.  When I was able to speak with him.  He answered none of my questions and said basically, take it or leave it.

It is clear to me now that they lied from the beginning about the nature of the job and hired a dozen or so temporary employees under false pretenses for the purpose of opening the store, then laid them off or bullied them into quitting.

I have never encountered such sheer lack of professionalism and disrespect from an employer, and from what I understand, I am far from the only one.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2010 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Garden-Ridge/Schaumburg-Illinois-60173/Garden-Ridge-Employment-scam-Schaumburg-Illinois-635465. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Garden Ridge