Complaint Review: Gardeners Collection

• Updated: Thu, May 30, 2013

• Reported By: Louis — San Antonio Texas
Gardeners Collection
22 South Smith St. Norwalk, CT 06855 Norwalk, Connecticut USA

Gardeners Collection Product arrived dead, Company not at web address or phone number Norwalk Connecticut

I responded to a printed advertisement, then went to web site, then ordered a "Giant Tree Tomato"  Great pictures of a Tomato plant about eight feet tall with cantelope size tomatoes (their discription) producing all summer.  "Order three, and get three more free", they said.   Well ok , the price seeemed ok.  Twenty dollars for the product, but then $18.95 for shipping. What a come on-on but I decided to try it.   I calculated, then said, ok.  I ordered on May 5th, on May 7th $38.85 was charged to my check  card.  Delivery came twenty-two days latter,  on May 29 th, by USPS.  Inside an unlabled box were two packages of plants.  Each had the stem (of about eight inches) broken in several places and ultimately  broken off near the crown of the plant.  Remaining was one inch of stem and a small (golf ball size) round of roots surrounded by loosly packed moss-type soil, with most roots open to the air, in an inadequate plastic bag. [continued below]....

.....  I have little hope that any of these plants will survive.   I planted them, within an hour of arrival, in appropriate soil, and have watered them, but I am ready to declair this transaction a complete scam, since I called the telephone mumber listed on the shipping notice.   That person, in an intemperate tone of voice ( which projected -- oh no, not this again -- what fool bought these again --) which skillfully said  "...that is not our order.  That number has been changed, more than a year ago." Strange, it seems to me, they found my order, by order number, but disclaimed the transaction.   They gave me another number, which I called and got a recording that the work hours were over.  I called at about 5:13pm, central time.  I looked up the various names and numbers (on Spokeo, a program I use for looking up such things) and found numbers and web sites were all inactive.    I have been made a fool of by these people.  If, per chance, the plants revive, I will gladly sell the fruit back to them for the cost of shipping -- or to anyone.  If it works, ask me for one, keep the seeds, and plant your own and let them go out of business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2013 08:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gardeners-Collection/Norwalk-Connecticut-06855/Gardeners-Collection-Product-arrived-dead-Company-not-at-web-address-or-phone-number-No-1055179. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gardeners Collection