Complaint Review: Gary Lang dba Impasto

Gary Lang dba Impasto
5461 Los robles Carlsbvad, California USA

Gary Lang dba Impasto Art fraud perpetrator Carlsbad  California

*Consumer Comment: I totally disagree with this report

Went to this known art dealer gary lang of carlsbad to appraise two pieces of art I acquired. he told me they were "pachoir prints" he told me they had value as decorator items and knew an interior decorator who would pay me $3000 for them. I accepted.i later saw them on the web site of Carmel, California dealer Mike Dipietro. He told me that they he sold them for Gary Lang. They were described as original gouache paintings. I learned through a third party, whom Gary Lang also swindled that they sold for $150,000.

I knew Gary Lang because he was a friend from high school and a supposed Christian. I trusted him. He must be a true sociopath to do something like this to a friend who only supported him through the years with kind wordsandencouragement.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2013 03:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gary-Lang-dba-Impasto/Carlsbvad-California-92008/Gary-Lang-dba-Impasto-Art-fraud-perpetrator-Carlsbadnbsp-California-1062930. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gary Lang dba Impasto

I totally disagree with this report

AUTHOR: art dealer - ()

I am an art dealer who has done hundreds of thousands of dollars of business with Gary Lang in the last fifteen years. I have never known him to engage in any unethical behavior whatsoever, in fact he has always striven to be ethical and virtuous in his dealings with both customers and fellow dealers.

I saw the two pieces of art in question after Mr. Lang purchased them and told him at that time that I believed that they were a type of screen process print, probably a pochoir. I still have some residual doubts about them. I know that they were intitially sold by a leading Los Angeles auction house as being prints for very little money.

Several other experts also had questions about their veracity as originals. Mr. Lang saw something in them that led him to believe differently and I commend him for his knowledge and expertise.

It sounds like the person who wrote this report has a major case of sour grapes. I think that this is a serious slander, completely unfounded and the mention of Mr. Lang's religion a scurrilous ad hominem attack that tells us a great deal indeed about the person who filed this report.

I also can tell you that the prints/paintings never sold for $150,000, in fact they remain in the dealer's original inventory to this day, I saw them as recently as a week ago.

grateful