Complaint Review: Gary M. Kaplan, C.P.A., P.A.

• Submitted: Thu, August 08, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, August 08, 2013

• Reported By: Disappointed — Boca Raton Florida
Gary M. Kaplan, C.P.A., P.A.
210 SE Mizner Blvd Boca Raton, Florida USA

Gary M. Kaplan, C.P.A., P.A. Quoted $1500, invoiced me stating taxes were ready, than demanded an additional $2000 2 weeks later Boca Raton Florida

*Author of original report: Resolved to my complete satisfaction

Gary M. Kaplan, C.P.A., P.A.

This is a person I wish I had never met. After 6 months of being passed around between him and his assistant, he refuses to file my business and personal tax returns becuase he now demands an additional $2000 for services I never approved, and for which occured AFTER I was told (in email) that my taxes were ready!

He originally quoted $1500 to file a basic business and personal return. The business had less than 6 months and less than $20k of activity. After paying the final invoice for $1500, his assistant called asking me to take on more services, like payroll. I declined. A few weeks later, I get 2 invoices for work supposedly done for my tax return. We're talking about $290 for just one phone call – about how to save me money!. Odd, isn't it? You think you can trust an accountant to look out for your money, but instead tries to rip you off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2013 08:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gary-M-Kaplan-CPA-PA/Boca-Raton-Florida-33432/Gary-M-Kaplan-CPA-PA-Quoted-1500-invoiced-me-stating-taxes-were-ready-than-dem-1074336. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gary M. Kaplan, C.P.A., P.A.

Resolved to my complete satisfaction

AUTHOR: Resolved - ()

All financial issues between Gary M Kaplan, C.P.A., P.A. and me have been resolved to my complete satisfaction and I am happy with the accounting and tax preparation work performed by Gary M.Kaplan, C.P.A., and Gary M.Kaplan, C.P.A., P.A.