Complaint Review: Gary Silacci

• Updated: Thu, March 20, 2014

• Reported By: alwhitmor — Petaluma California
Gary Silacci
PO Box 751297 Petaluma, California USA

Gary Silacci Independent Agent for Chase Bank/1st National Processing takes 8 months to refund overcharge Petaluma California

I manage a 501c3 non-profit that awards college scholarships to local high school seniors. Our biggest fundraiser has been a bingo game and now a fireworks stand that uses a wireless POS device for credit card and debit card transactions. Gary's responsibility is to establish an account with the bank and to set up the POS device to receive funds. I have had an ongoing business relationship with Gary for a couple of years. In the past, when there have been over charges, Gary has worked to have a credit in the overcharged amount made to our bank account.  I have referred other businesses and individuals to Gary for service.

I received a written commitment from Gary in 5/13 stating that there would not be any early termination fee for our POS to be used for the 7/4/13 holiday. We were charged a $350 early termination fee. After the temporary account was closed, we were charged an additional $152.24  - totaling $502.24. I know this doesn't sound like a great deal of money, but it's a little more than enough for a scholarship.

It's been eight months of persistent emails and phones calls to Gary asking then demanding that this matter be resolved. I have been ignored then given false promises of dealing with the matter. Gary even offered to pay for the $350. early termination fee out of his own pocket on one phone call but did not follow through. I have now been informed that the $350. early termination fee will be refunded to our bank account by Chase Bank/1st National Processing but that "your on your own" for recovering the $152.24 over charge.

So, I strongly urge prospective clients of POS devices for credit card and debit card transactions meticulously evaluate Gary and any other Independent Agent for this industry and hold them to their legally binding commitments. It has been a difficult and time consuming experience when I only wanted to raise money and award college scholarships in my spare time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2014 01:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gary-Silacci/Petaluma-California-94975/Gary-Silacci-Independent-Agent-for-Chase-Bank1st-National-Processing-takes-8-months-to-r-1132233. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gary Silacci