Henrietta

• Updated: Wed, April 02, 2014

• Reported By: lj1 — fv California
Gary Stewart, DDS
4911 Warner Avenue Huntington Beach, California USA

Gary Stewart, DDS Harbour Landing Dental Only out for your money!! Huntington Beach California

I went to this dentist because he was on the Blue Shield HMO list of Dental providers. I went in for a denture consult. The first question this so called Doctor asked me upon learning I had HMO insurance was if I was willing to pay for services outside of the HMO. He then proceeded to spend the whole time telling me how crummy the HMO was and how terrible dentures were and how unhappy I would be with them. All the while pushing Dental implants on me which are not covered under the HMO.

When I insisted I could not afford any services outside the HMO his demeaner changed and I then was treated like a 2nd class citizen. After I left they sent me a quote for the Dentures, the quote came in, it was $11,000.00!! I almost fell off my chair. When I called the office, they kept insisting I come in to talk about the treatment plan. I plainly told them that I had point blank told them I could only afford to have treatment done that was covered under the HMO. I finally had to get very persistant and they finally admitted that of the $11,000.00 quote that they sent me only $900.00 was covered under the HMO!! It was so ridicules I had to laugh. There were charges on there that were so overpriced and overbilled that they were blanatly crooks. They were charging at least 15 re-alignment fees for after denture fittings at $167.00 each!!

This office is nothing but a rip off and this dentist is just after getting as much money from you as he can. If you don't want to accept what the HMO pays Dr. Stewart why did you join the Blue Shields HMO provider Network? Was it to prey on poor unsuspecting people who don't know any better. Doctors like you make me sick.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2014 06:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gary-Stewart-DDS/Huntington-Beach-California-92646/Gary-Stewart-DDS-Harbour-Landing-Dental-Only-out-for-your-money-Huntington-Beach-Calif-1135837. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gary Stewart, DDS