• Report: #1120707

• Updated: Wed, March 26, 2014

• Reported By: Brad — Las Vegas Nevada
Gaskets Rock
Pitt, Pennsylvania USA

Gaskets Rock Jim Cox They are selling nock of products and advertising that they are 100% OEM, he does not purchase any products from the OEM manufactures. All of the business owners in this industry have tried to get the PA Attorney General to put Pitt Pennsylvania

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Coping Gasket Guy's design of business

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: The statements are very true

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Exhausting

*General Comment: ripoff

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Gaskets Rock - An Extraordinary Reputation

Gaskets Rock and its owner Jim Cox continues to run every type of scams from selling franchise business to marking his products 100% OEM. This is truly dissecption and unfair practice in the world of business.

We have sent out letters to the PA Attourny General, FTC, and all the states he is doing business in. Along with the fauls advertising he is selling franchisse business without having the proper license. Jim Cox and his father in law Bruce Williams were shut down in Calif, Washington, Oregan, and Nevada just to name a few. They were sued in Florida in 07 the case was Seevers vs Williams. If you google these people you will find all kinds of Bad.

Someone needs to help put a stop to people like this, they made Millions off of the BW Gaskets scam and they are back at it as Gaskets Rock. You get caught and you just change your name.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2014 01:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gaskets-Rock/Pitt-Pennsylvania-15205/Gaskets-Rock-Jim-Cox-They-are-selling-nock-of-products-and-advertising-that-they-are-100-1120707. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gaskets Rock

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Coping Gasket Guy's design of business

AUTHOR: - (USA)

im the Gasket Guy in the Washington/Portland area, we have are already had this fight with both You and Williams and it looks like it's back. So you fully understand I will not let you bring this into my area with out a fight, all the Seal deal is something for Jim Cox and Bruce Williams to hide behind and it won't work.

I will be ready, so bring it.

all Gasket Guy's need to make sure that they check these guys out if they are in your area.

1. Check to make sure they have the proper licensing, make sure they have a contractors license. Check to see if they have the proper workers comp, business license, make sure they are not 1099 their employees, and most of all if their inc or LLC is form another state you report them if they have not registered for the state they are now working in.

just make them work by the rules, we have to pay state taxes and so should they.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

The statements are very true

AUTHOR: Brad - (USA)

Jim, I just came across this after a fellow Gasket Guy called me.

I dont need to tell the world about how you and your father in law tried to rip all of the Gasket Guys off. All anyone has to do is go to the website that is up currently today and click on any zip code and ask them for their selfs. In fact the website is gasketguy.com please take the time to contact them.

Jim, you will remember me very well when you think about what I'm going to say. I had a first wright of refusal for territory next to mine and YOU sold it without me excersizing my rights, and then played games with me when I confronted you on it. I was not the only person you did that too.

Jim, on your website under Business opportunities you say "on the other hand, small gasket replacement business provide a faster, more reasonable price alternative to refrigeration companies. However, they make gaskets in their basements or garages with archaic equipment that provides mediocre to poor quality gaskets".

Jim, you know as well as everyone in the industry GASKET GUY uses the extrusion that you do! their are at least 10 of them that are larger than your company and have the same equipment that you use, also you ship out to people that are working for you out of their garages driving "Honda Civic" I don't know of any Gasket Guys that drive Honda Civic's.

I have install people that has taken more than a month just to teach them the basesic on installing gaskets, you do this in FIVE days. Wow! Anyone that know anything about this job will laugh at your add.

I challenge all Gasket Guy's to respond to you fauls claims and accusations and let the whole world what type of person you are, Mr. Force, i have talked to you numeras times over the years as a Gasket Guy and I'm in shock you go along with this behavyor.

Mr. Cox, tell the truth and stop with the bashing.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Exhausting

AUTHOR: Jim Cox - ()

Again, my name is Jim Cox, President of Gaskets Rock, LLC; 412.787.2111.  Number one, I am not married!  Our business model is completely different than Gasket Guy.  We do not sell franchises and never have and never will.  We have an unmatched reputation throughout the country with thousands and thousands of very satisfied customers.  We sell OEM and better than OEM quality gaskets.  Period!

Don't you find it interesting that I post my name and phone number (412.787.2111) and the complaining author remains completely unnamed in the first complaint and the generic "Gasket Guy" in the second complaint?  Don't you think if the complaint was completely legitimate, he would have the courage to print his name and phone number!

Thank you for reading my response, which quite honestly has become exhausting, since we seem to be chasing a ghost.

#4 General Comment

ripoff

AUTHOR: Gasket Guy - ()

I just came across this reponse from Jim Cox, just let me say the following and you be the judge.

1. Jim Cox is married to Bruce and Ann Williams daughter!

2. Please try making a ford or chevy door gasket and advertise its as OEM.

3. All of the Gasket Guy's use the same gasket profiles and welding equipment that Jim Cox used, made by Fab-x.

4. There are only two extruders in the united states that can make the claim of OEM and they don't say that      becouse it will make the OEM mad and breach their contracts.

5. The extruder that Jim Cox uses (Fab-X) does not extrude for the OEM's and has not done so since 2007.

6. Jim Cox was the Director of Sales and Marketing of BW Gaskets DBA: Gasket Guy prior to starting Gasket Rocks, Gasket Guy was started in 2002 by Bruce Williams his father-in-law.

7. Jim Cox is using the Gasket Guy program that was designed Bruce Williams and his brother.

After reading the ripoff report that was sent to me by a fellow Gasket Guy, I had to set the record straight. Jim please answer this.

Gasket Guy.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Gaskets Rock - An Extraordinary Reputation

AUTHOR: Jim Cox - ()

My name is Jim Cox and I am the President of Gaskets Rock, LLC.  I am writing about the completely erroneous accusations in the above “anonymous” comment.  Based on the verbiage, the complaint is likely from a competitor, who has trouble competing with our extraordinary company.

However, I would still like to address them.  First, even though the above report is incredibly slanderous, none the less, it gives me the opportunity to introduce Gaskets Rock and the outstanding individuals throughout the country, who are affiliated with us.

Okay, in response, manufacturers do not manufacture their own refrigeration gaskets.  They either purchase the completely made gaskets or they buy the extruded material.  Much like Ford or GM does not manufacture every single part that goes into their cars.  Gaskets Rock stands behind our statement that we provide and install OEM and better than OEM quality gaskets.  We are very proud of the thousands of very satisfied customers we have throughout the United States.

I am the founder and owner of Gaskets Rock.  We were established in January of 2009 and are in no way affiliated with BWGaskets.  I am, and always have been, 100% owner of Gaskets Rock.  Myself, nor my company, has ever been sued.  Nor, have we been removed from any state.  Also, we have never and will never sell franchises.  We look for outstanding people to represent our product.  They do not pay any money whatsoever to us, as we invest in them.

Lastly, the above comments suggest that words alone would build a strong customer base.  Words cannot build and maintain the extraordinary customer base that Gaskets Rock has.   An extraordinary product, unparalleled service and unmatched knowledge for refrigeration gaskets maintains our great customers.  That is what has built Gaskets Rock…not words, as the “anonymous” person above would have you believe.

If you would like to discuss my comments or the previous misguided, slanderous comments, please feel free to call me at 412.787.2111 or 1.800.790.9284!

I very much appreciate you reading my response!

Best regards,

Jim Cox                                                                                                           President / Gaskets Rock, LLC                                                           www.GasketsRock.com