Complaint Review: Gate 1 Travel

• Submitted: Thu, November 08, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, November 10, 2012

• Reported By: John denune — Newark Ohio U.S.A.
Gate 1 Travel
455 Maryland Drive Fort Washington, Pennsylvania United States of America

Gate 1 Travel Gate 1 travel did not honor the itinerary of their 14 day Jordan and Israel trip Fort Washington, Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: Gate 1 Travel agreed to do the right thing

Today I received a legal explanation from Gate 1 Travel, why they did not honor the itinerary of our 14 day Jordan and Israel trip. I do not doubt that many large tour companies have a disclaimer in the fine print saying that everything is "subject to change", however, when I was told I would get a certain number of meals, I believed the only itinerary I had when I purchased the trip, which I printed off Gate 1 Travels website after I purchased the trip. My wife and I have gone on many travelzoo.com recommended vacations, and this was one of them. Travelzoo.com sends free weekly emails of the best travel deals they can fine, and said that Gate 1s trip to Jordan and Israel was a good value. I

believe travelzoo.com was looking at the same itinerary; the one that Gate 1 did not honor. The hotel at the Sea of Galilee was several miles from town. I would have had to hire a taxi to eat dinner anywhere else. I imagine the hotel gave Gate 1 a special rate knowing many of the guests would be stuck paying $31 per person for dinner that night. I'm a small businessman and everything I sell is satisfaction guaranteed. I do not ask my customers to sign away their rights in order to make a purchase, but many large companies do not have a conscience about this today.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2012 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gate-1-Travel/Fort-Washington-Pennsylvania-19034/Gate-1-Travel-Gate-1-travel-did-not-honor-the-itinerary-of-their-14-day-Jordan-and-Israel-966475. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gate 1 Travel

Gate 1 Travel agreed to do the right thing

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Even though, as Gate 1 Travel said, itineraries change, they agreed to pay for these 2 meals (my wife's and mine) I provided them with my receipt and wanted to update my posting.