• Report: #520859

• Reported By: MAC — Tipton Indiana United States of America
Gateway computers / support
Irvine, California United States of America

Gateway computers / support Customer Support os a JOKE Irvine, California

Several Months ago the OS on my notebook crashed.  I called Gateway to get recovery disks since I did not have these in my possession.  I was told it would take 3-4 weeks to arrive and I needed to pay $20+ for them to be shipped.  It did not matter that I run a business on this computer they would not send them any sooner even if I wanted to pay the shipping costs.  My husband has a Dell so while waiting on the disks I put that recovery disk in my Gateway and it fixed the crash.  When the disks arrived I did not open them, only put them away for the next time I might need them.

The OS crashed again this week, when I opened the unmarked CD envelope and took out the unmarked CDs I found that the disks were blank. BLANK!!  I paid for blank disks!  When I contacted Gateway I was told my computer is out of warranty and I would need to contact Answers by Gateway.  This is a pay per use service.  I told support I DO NOT CARE THE COMPUTER IS OUT OF WARRANTY I WANT THE DISKS I PAID FOR.  Of course I am being ignored.

My parents also have a Gateway but from this point forward I will tell everyone I know or come in contact with NOT TO WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME ON THIEVES THAT CALL THEMSELVES GATEWAY.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2009 12:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gateway-computers-support/Irvine-California-/Gateway-computers-support-Customer-Support-os-a-JOKE-Irvine-California-520859. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gateway computers / support