Complaint Review: Gateway Energy Services Corp.

• Submitted: Fri, February 28, 2014
  • Updated: Fri, February 28, 2014

• Reported By: FightOurRight — Monroe TWP New Jersey
Gateway Energy Services Corp.
400 Rella Blvd., Suite 300, Montebello, New York USA

Gateway Energy Services Corp. overcharged gas rate ,250% of PSE&G rate, Montebello New York

I enrolled with Gateway Energy Service as a fixed rate customer (9/2012) with their promise of saving my gas bill. They switched me to variable rate plan later without informing me.  I did not realize this until I saw the huge bill this month (2/2014) and contacted them. I was told that I am on a variable rate plan, so they control the rate.  They have been increasing my rate from $.7 to $1.04 per therm in the past few months! In the meantime, PSE&E was charging their customers only $.30 or $.40 per therm.  How can they charge me more than 150% of what PSE&G is charging their customers? I also asked to transfer the service back to PSE&G, and was told that I need to wait for 2 months.  I searched online and found so many complains about this company and BBB rates them ‘F’ since many people complained them without getting solutions.

I am so mad about Gateway Energy for their unethical practice and plan to seek legal action against them.  I also closed my account today (2/28/2013), so that I won’t continue being rip-off by the greedy monster for another 2 months. They have over charged me hundreds, maybe thousand (comparing to PSE&G or other compatible suppliers) in the past.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2014 03:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gateway-Energy-Services-Corp/Montebello-New-York-10901/Gateway-Energy-Services-Corp-overcharged-gas-rate-250-of-PSEampG-rate-Montebello-Ne-1127397. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gateway Energy Services Corp.