Complaint Review: Gateway Financial

• Updated: Sun, October 14, 2012

• Reported By: Cassandra — Berkley Michigan United States of America
Gateway Financial
p o box 3257 Saginaw, Michigan United States of America

Gateway Financial Rite Way Flood damaged vehicle,Lemon,No reporting to credit agencies Saginaw, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Rightway/Gateway Customer

They sold me a car which is clearly flood damaged, but not listed as such. The first day I tried to drive it it shut off on me. The windows,defrost,cd player, heat, never worked. Now it won't start and I'm stuck with paying the note.
They aren't reporting to the credit agencies as they assured me they would. My credit hasn't improved. Im paying twice the price of the car and again, it doesn't run anymore.
I've had it less than one year.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2012 05:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gateway-Financial/Saginaw-Michigan-48605/Gateway-Financial-Rite-Way-Flood-damaged-vehicleLemonNo-reporting-to-credit-agencies-S-954639. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gateway Financial

Rightway/Gateway Customer

AUTHOR: Marcus B. - (United States of America)

I have been a customer for Rightway/Gateway for over a year now, I have a 2002 Mercury Grand Marquis. Since I been a customer with both companies I have been very please, but then too I pay my payments on time.  A few days after getting my car from rightway the check engine light had came on,  I took it back to rightway and they sent me to a auto repair shop, the auto repair company needed to replace the engine and I cant remember but either Gateway or Rightway was offering me a rental car until mine was fix.  I didnt get the rental car cause it only took the auto repair company like 2 days days to fix it and ever since then I have had no problems from my car.  I pay my payments on time and if I need a little extra time I call Gateway and explain the situation to them and they will work with you if you been paying your payments on time.  The only thing I dont like with Gateway is that they operate in a different time zone then me and sometimes the hold time is way to long but ther customer service people are friendly.  I am a very happy customer and I plan on trading my car back to Rightway and to get a newer and better car then the one i currently have and hopefuuly Gateway will finance me with another car loan.

Thanks Gateway/Rightway!!!