• Report: #1020093

• Updated: Tue, March 12, 2013

• Reported By: JamesT — Nairobi Other United States of America
Gateway Insurance Kenya
Nairobi, Select State/Province United States of America

Gateway Insurance Kenya , gateway-insurance.co.ke Gateway Insurance Kenya is a Rip OFF. They have taken over 3 months to have my car repaired and I am still waiting. Nairobi, Other

*Author of original report: Still no recourse on my case!

I have had gateway insurance for the past 2 years. Never been in an accident or had any issues, my premiums are all paid up. In December 2012  I was involved in a head on collision with a Moron who was driving the wrong way! Luckily I survived with some minor injuries.

I filed a P3 with the police and started the process with gateway insurance to have a car fixed. I cannot believe the run around I was given. Excuse after excuse. I was once promised that my car will be ready by a certain Friday.... Well until today I am still waiting for this Friday :(

The repeated excuse is that they are looking for parts. I helped by giving them contacts for a parts supplier in Japan who would send the parts in less than 7 days. Well they did nothing. They ("Gateway") were shopping for cheap second hand / used parts locally. All this while I was without a car, greatly inconvenienced and being given loads of empty promises.

The claims manager was hopeless and at one time was not answering my calls but if I called from a different number he would pick up and say he is in a meeting.

This is a fraudulent and incompetent insurance company that works hard not to pay their clients claims. I am yet to have my car fixed but in the meantime I have to rely on public transport. I am fed up with gateway insurance - kenya AKA Pay as you Drive.

If they don't know the purpose of insurance maybe understanding the following basic principles of insurance would be a good start:

1.Principle of Uberrimae fidei (Utmost Good Faith)
2. Principle of Insurable Interest
3. Principle of Indemnity
4. Principle of Contribution
5. Principle of Subrogation
6 Principle of Loss Minimization
7. Principle of Causa Proxima

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2013 03:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gateway-Insurance-Kenya/Nairobi-Select-StateProvince-00200/Gateway-Insurance-Kenya-gateway-insurancecoke-Gateway-Insurance-Kenya-is-a-Rip-OFF-T-1020093. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gateway Insurance Kenya

Still no recourse on my case!

AUTHOR: JamesT - (United States of America)

GATEWAY INSURANCE KENYA SUCKSSSS! DO NOT USE THESE JOKERS TO INSURE ANYTHING! WHEN YOU FILE A CLAIM YOU OPEN A PANDORA BOX OF EXCUSES & A CIRCUS OF BULL CRAP.  I CAN ATTEST TO THIS.

AM SO FED UP AND AM SURE MANY OTHER CUSTOMERS ARE TOO!

THIS IS NOT INSURANCE, IT IS A PURE RIP OFF. MY CAR IS STILL NOT FIXED. WHAT THE HELL???? 3 Months and counting!

LATEST EXCUSES - "The parts guy disappeared" , "Mr. Kiarie is in a meeting" and many more...

This company is the Gateway to HELL maybe should be renamed to that, or better yet Excuses & Incompetent Insurance LTD "Customer Service is not our Forte' "