Complaint Review: GC Services Limited Partnership

• Submitted: Thu, February 21, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, February 21, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Tarzana California United States of America
GC Services Limited Partnership
PO Box 7835 Baldwin Park CA 91706 Baldwin, Houston, California United States of America

GC Services Limited Partnership Collection Agency Division Consumer Abuse and Unfair Debt Collection Practices. Baldwin, Houston, California

This note is to formally report the unfair and poor collection services/practices of GC Services Limited Partnership.

I received a red-light violation related ticket in the mail back in 2011.   Upon receipt of the original citation I wrote to the Los Angeles Superior Court to contest the citation due to it was originated via the now defunct "Red Light Camera" program.  A reply from the court was never received.

Now in January February 2013, I received a letter from GC Services demanding payment of an unpaid citation here in the city of Los Angeles. After researching, I realized the citation in question was the "red-light" citation a couple of years back.  GC Services is now collecting the due amount plus and additional $300.00 for a total of $780.00.

When I contacted the Spanish-speaking line ( as Spanish is my 1st language) the call was answered by an English speaking representative (name: Mr. Mathew..?) who displayed very little empathy or disposition to answer two basic questions: 1) Can I still contest the ticket with LA Court and 2) Can I make payment arrangements to pay? His reply was "Sir..I don't understand what your point is...so am going to note the account as a default )or something like that) since you are not paying.."

" I said, please don't..I just need to know my options. " So he proceeded to disconnect the call.  After that I called several time to the 800-511-0734 (Spanish) and was put on hold numerous times or transferred somewhere only to be disconnected again - with no resolution.  The same thing happened during the same day, when I called to speak to a supervisor.  I was put on hold...heard the music for about ten minutes and then someone would pick up...stay silent and put line on hold again...

I am now going to the LA Court House - Traffic Division to contest the Collections activity and log a complaint against the overall collections process and the vendor who manages it for our city..the city we pay taxes (and citations) to.

As a consumer protected under Fair Debt Collection practices in the state of CA, GC Services failed to provide me with:

1 - Process to follow if you dispute the bill.
2 - Unwilling and and unable to provide me with any form of payment arrangements.
3 - Good service by instead engaging in conduct the natural consequence of which was to harass me and abuse me as a person.
4 - Fair collection practices by threatening me that my DL was then going to be suspended for not paying the outstanding debt.  An action GC Services cannot legally take.
5- A dedicated language line that works, since all the agents I spoke with,including Ms. Garcia stated their Spanish was not good and could not understand what I was asking.
6- Appropriate call-recording disclaimer at start of all the calls and not verifying my personal information in at least two instances of the nightmarish call cycle.

I need some help in addressing this complaint - beyond my individual follow up with the LA Court.  GC Services is an abusive vendor, working for the city of Los Angeles and its Superior Court.  The un-explainable and astronomical fee of $300.00 cannot be legal anywhere.  They must be replaced or be held accountable.

Thanks for the forum and - hopefully - the follow up in getting issues addressed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2013 02:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GC-Services-Limited-Partnership/-Baldwin-Houston-California-/GC-Services-Limited-Partnership-Collection-Agency-Division-Consumer-Abuse-and-Unfair-Debt-1018115. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GC Services Limited Partnership