Complaint Review: GCI

• Updated: Fri, February 01, 2013

• Reported By: Frontier Jeanne — Skagway Alaska United States of America
GCI
2800 C. Street Anchorage, Alaska United States of America

GCI GCI Communication Corp. 4 months and multiple faxes and phone calls later, and they're STILL charging me for a phone number I no longer have! Anchorage, Alaska

Sold my company, along with its toll free number September, 2012. Submitted to the phone company their convoluted form to switch to new owners via fax, but 4 months later they're still charging me! Said they didn't get the first fax. Sent a second one, they said it wasn't filled out correctly, even though they sent no instructions with it. Sent a third one, they didn't like that it was dated September, the sale date, and said it had to be dated within 30 days of submission.
I've never had to jump through so many hoops... ever! And over a phone number. The buyer is in a different state, but they insist we must both sign the same form. The worst of it is that I submit the form as they requested, but if there's a problem with it, they don't bother to let me know... just wait until I realize it hasn't been handled and make me call them again. I bet I've spent at least 4 hours trying to get this phone number switched, and it still isn't done.... we now have to start the process all over again.
Meanwhile, I've had to call my credit card company and block them from ever charging it again. I'm suggesting to the new owners that they go with a different phone carrier... this is what I get for trying to support the local, in-state company.
The form they send for you to fill out has boxes to small to input the information, no instructions, no phone number to contact them. It's like dealing with a company that's literally behind the times.
Their customer service is non-existent as far as I'm concerned. You can do almost anything via phone or internet these days, but these folks act as if transferring a stupid phone number needs the security of Fort Knox!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2013 06:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GCI/Anchorage-Alaska-99503/GCI-GCI-Communication-Corp-4-months-and-multiple-faxes-and-phone-calls-later-and-theyre-1007551. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GCI