Complaint Review: GE Capital Care Credit

• Updated: Tue, March 25, 2014

• Reported By: pawzz11 — San Antonio Texas
GE Capital Care Credit
Orlando, Florida USA

GE Capital Care Credit Closed my account didnt notify me now I need the money for medical procedure and I dont have it Orlando Florida

I applied for a care credit card last year because I had no insurance to get filling done on my teeth, but I was able to find a school here that accepted me into the program and was able to get my fillings done for free.  So I kept the credit card for emergency health reasons which is also what the card can be used for any medical issues that arrise.

Fast forward to this week my dog gets hit by a car and I dont have the fund to pay for his procedure. The vet takes care credit I'm so happy I have that card.  They go to swipe the card and it declines, I know it should be fine since I havent used it so I shoudl still have my balance available and when I go to my credit card website that card is still showing available on the site. So I call them just to find out they have closed my account because I havent used it.  Im sitting here like OMG really, the time I need this card they decided to close it on my with no notice.  So they are like well you can reapply for the card, and I'm thinking great just as Im getting my credit back in order they want me to reapply for a card that i have already applied for (hurting my credit in the process since it shows up as a hard inquiry) and been approved for. This is just crap on thier part, you apply for this card for medical issues and now you have to hope that its still open when you actually need it. Lucky for me I had a friend that put the procedure on her card for me and I'm just paying her for it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2014 08:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-Capital-Care-Credit/Orlando-Florida-32896/GE-Capital-Care-Credit-Closed-my-account-didnt-notify-me-now-I-need-the-money-for-medical-1133420. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE Capital Care Credit