Complaint Review: GE Care Credit/GE Capital Retail Bank

• Updated: Wed, November 28, 2012

• Reported By: skj — Lamar Missouri United States of America
GE Care Credit/GE Capital Retail Bank
P.O. Box 960061 Orlando, Florida United States of America

GE Care Credit/GE Capital Retail Bank GE Card Services Elderly Financial Exploitation/Abuse, Liars, Hire Employees who a verbally abusive Orlando, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: We'd like to help

*Consumer Comment: You are wrongly placing the blame on GE credit,

*Consumer Comment: Over Your Head

My brother, who is in prison for drug conviction). and could not pass a credit check for himself, and is almost 60 years old, talked my elderly and dying mother into co-signing a GE Care Credit for him to get his teeth fixed.  He needed dentures upper and lower.  This work was also for his wife.  GE Care Credit took another care card from an 84 year old woman who was dying, as a backup payment plan in case she died (I would guess).  Mother died within a year after he forced her into signing this card.  Mother had no idea of what she had signed my brother "was" making payments to mother until her last few months before death.  Mothe was making only $600.00 a month in Social Security benefits and GE Care Credit gave her credit for someone else to have work done.  How stupid is that and how desperate is GE Care Credit for money?

My mother died in February.  I was not going to probate her will because she has no assets but my drug addict brother would not sign a quit claim deed, on a $50,000 home) for me, his sister to sell the home.  He hired his criminal defense attorney to go after what he calls an estate (when she had nothing of any value) (but I suppose,  to a drug addict $100.00 is a lot of money) but she owned nothing of any value.

Myself being the executor to her will called GE Care Credit and told them she was deceased with no assets.  GE Care Credit told me they generally write off these kind of debts since there are no assets.  I have the date and the person I spoke to when I faxed her death certificate to him at GE Care Credit.

Now GE Care Creditsince then has called me at home continually threatening me and stating they are going after the equity in mothers home.  They have called me time after time threatening me .  I know that threats is a FDCPA violation but since only the scums of the earth work at credit and collection agencies I let it go.

Now since my deadbeat brother has forced me to probate here comes GE Care Credit filing a claim against an estate that has zero assets.  Now I have to hire an attorney and pay him to tell them they have no legal right to any equity in her house because the minute she died she had no more equity in her home.

GE Care Credit lied like a dog to me when they stated they were writing off this debt.  GE Care Credit should never have taken any credit application from an 84 year old woman who only made $600.00 a month.  My older brother and GE Care Credit committed financial exploitation of the elderly by taking out credit in mother's name.  Mother never signed for most of the charges.  Mother did not even know what the charges were.  GE Care Credit was charging 29% interest on this card.

GE Care Credit has committed financial exploitation of the elderly, have threatened me and have now filed in probate against a dead person to try to collect monies.

How low do these people go in order to get money?  It looks like they a rip offs and scam artists to the highest degree.  I am filing a FDCPA violation against them.  I am filing with our states attorney general against them.  They need be turned into the Federal Banking Commission since they state "GE Capital Bank".

When someone goes after a dead person to try to collect money that speaks of what these scumbags are.

Do not do business with these people.  Their interest rate is outrageous and if you die you better hope your GE Care Credit bill is paid because they will come after your loved ones to try to collect!!
These people are disgusting.  It is bad enough that one has lost a parent but after losing my parents both within a few short months having to deal with these scums is an absolute travesty of justice.  They  give "grief" a whole new meaning.

PLEASE stay away from GE Care Credit and keep your loved ones safe and protected!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2012 12:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-Care-CreditGE-Capital-Retail-Bank/Orlando-Florida-32896-0061/GE-Care-CreditGE-Capital-Retail-Bank-GE-Card-Services-Elderly-Financial-ExploitationAbu-970618. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE Care Credit/GE Capital Retail Bank

We'd like to help

AUTHOR: GECapital - (United States of America)

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 112812_ror_SKJ**

I am so very sorry for your loss. Wed like to speak with you to research this issue and try to resolve your concerns.Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with your name and phone number and a member of our consumer advocacy team will call you to assist.

For your security, please do not include account numbers in your email.

Regards,
Nicole
GE Capital

You are wrongly placing the blame on GE credit,

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

When it is your manipulative, POS brother that is FULLY to blame for this.

He sounds like a real piece of scum.

Over Your Head

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

This situation is so convoluted its difficult to make heads or tails out of, let alone help you.  My concern here is you are NOT harmed financially if at all possible.  You really need to get an attorney on this right now.  And I did say... RIGHT NOW!!!!!