Complaint Review: Gearorphanage

• Reported By: JAFO — yulee Nebraska
Gearorphanage
Woodland Hills, CA. 91367 Woodland Hills, California USA

Gearorphanage Ripoff and chopshop. Woodland Hills California

I sent in my Moog Voyager as a trade for the up and coming DSI Prophet12.He offered me even trade.When he recived my Syth,he told me because of the market he was asking for $500 more in cash.He said he wasn't thinking when he made the offer.I didn't think that was fair,so I asked him to send back my synth.He told me it would be $200 to ship back my synth,even though I paid UPS to send it to him.I offered to send UPS to pick it up,and he said they don't do that.I wanted my synth back,so I sent him $200 dollars.Around 6 days later,he told me he wanted to work out a deal on the Prophet 12.I told him no,and I wanted my synth back.He then told me that he couldn't ship it without insurance on it,and it would be another $75 dollars.I went bonkers after I heard this.I had to finally pay ma Lawyer $600 dollars to get it back for me.I finally got it back 2 months later,but it was missing a few parts out of it. [continued below]....

.....Now it will not even turn on.I sent it to Sweetwater for repair,and they told me they couldn't fix it,and i'd have to send it to Moog.

This company is a rip off chop shop.I've never dealt with people like this.In America you'd think this kind of crap wouldn't go on,but in this economy everybody is hurting.Don't sell your gear here or buy anything from these crooks.Also,look at their prices.Musicans Friend offers discounts,this place will steal from you blind.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2013 03:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gearorphanage/Woodland-Hills-California-91367/Gearorphanage-Ripoff-and-chopshop-Woodland-Hills-California-1058685. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gearorphanage