Complaint Review: GECU

• Updated: Sat, July 06, 2013

• Reported By: friendofafrench — El Paso Texas
GECU
1245 Airway Blvd El Paso, Texas, Texas USA

GECU Greater El Paso Credit Union Government Employees Credit Union FEE, FEES AND MORE HIGH FEES - NEVER NOTIFIED OF FEE INCREASES! El Paso, Texas Texas

My business account has been opened with GECU since 2003.

I check my account today and I see a huge fee tagged to my account. Looking further they got me last month too.

Why the change, I knew nothing about this?

IT IS UNETHICAL TO INCREASE FEES WITHOUT MEMBERS KNOWING. THAT'S A SCAM!

YOU SHOULD BE TELLING THE MEMBERS FIRST BEFORE DOING THIS SO THEY CAN CLOSE THEIR ACCOUNTS BEFORE IT HAPPENS.

I'M CLOSING MY ACCOUNT LIKE THE OTHER ONES COMPLAINING AND I'M ALSO GOING TO TELL EVERYONE I CAN GET IN CONTACT WITH EACH DAY (THAT'S A LOT OF PEOPLE IN THE COMMUNITY THAT I DEAL WITH), DO NOT DEAL WITH GECU SINCE THEY APPLY NEW FEES AND HIGH FEES AND DON'T INFORM MEMBERS UPFRONT. OTHER COMPLAINTS ON HERE HAVE SAID THAT THEY HAVE CALLED YOU AND TOLD YOU THEY GOT NO LETTER BUT YOU STILL SAID NO REFUNDS BACK ON THESE FEES. THESE ARE GARBAGE FEES. LIKE PEOPLE ARE SAYING, GECU IS BECOMING GREEDY BY DOING THIS TO PEOPLE. IF SOMEONE TELLS YOU THEY WERE NOTIFIED THEN FOR HEAVENS SAKE HOW CAN YOU KEEP THEIR MONEY.

THIS IS AN ALL OUT RIPOFF AND YOU HAVE LOST ME AS A 10 YEAR MEMBER AND I GUARANTEE YOU I WILL TELL AT LEAST THREE PEOPLE EVERYDAY THAT IF THEY HAVE ACCOUNTS AT GECU TO CLOSE THEM OR TO BE VERY CAREFUL. CHARGING NEW FEES IS ONE THING, SAYING YOU SENT A LETTER AND NO REFUNDS TO PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T GET THE LETTER, NOW THAT'S WRONG! I AM GOING TO CALL THIS WEEK AND IF I GET THE SAME STORY THAT YOU SENT A LETTER (THAT I HAVEN'T SEEN), AND YOU TELL ME NO REFUNDS EITHER ON THESE CHARGES ON MY ACCOUNT, I'M CLOSING IT. NO MATTER WHAT I'LL BE WARNING PEOPLE OF THIS.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2013 09:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GECU/El-Paso-Texas-Texas-79915/GECU-Greater-El-Paso-Credit-Union-Government-Employees-Credit-Union-FEE-FEES-AND-MORE-HI-1064840. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GECU