Complaint Review: GeekSquad

• Reported By: Eddie — Denver Colorado
GeekSquad
Denver, Colorado United States of America

GeekSquad GeekSquad Off Target Denver, Colorado

I was in Target recently nosing around the electronics looking for a camera when I noticed that they're now using those GeekSquad tech support guys. They talked a lot to me about their warranties and service plans.

At first I thought that this was a great idea (maybe even a bargain), but then when I was quoted a price, I found it was more than the same kind of warranty I had got from Target a few months before.

Now Ive looked into it and figured out what I was offered in-store is nearly 50% more than before! I then looked online and found that GeekSquad offers the same service plans on eBay for a lot less than Target!

I know they gotta pay for the GeekSquad sales guys somehow but this seems crazy. I love Target but they are screwing their customers with this Geeksquad thing and i can't believe that was their intention.

I cant be the only one that experienced this Needless to say I didnt buy the camera!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2013 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GeekSquad/Denver-Colorado-/GeekSquad-GeekSquad-Off-Target-Denver-Colorado-1037790. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GeekSquad