Complaint Review: GEICO Insurance

• Submitted: Mon, April 25, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, April 25, 2005

• Reported By:Atlana Georgia
GEICO Insurance
One Geico Center Macon, Georgia U.S.A.

GEICO Insurance ripoff Payment not applied for 21 days-policy cancelled, claim denied Macon Georgia

I made a payment to GEICO on March 29, 2005. I had an automobile accident which totaled my auto on April 7.2005. GEICO claims it did not get my payment until April 19, 2005 and cashed the check April 22, 2205.

Never before has the US Mail failed to send my payments directly to GEICO. GEICO customer service claims that unless the payment enevelope was torn or damaged, it would have gotten into the system. I asked them to locate the envelope...

I was told that they only keep track of the pink return envelopes and that GEICO enters every payment into the system the day they are received. I have worked in a Treasury Dept. Reciepts office... I know that those incomming receipts must be batched and entered into the system by data entry clerks...What would cause a payment to be 23 days old before entry???

I told the adjuster that I had gap insurance, I had recently changed my policy to include collision and the customer service clerk mucked it up in Febuary and they refunded me 19.68...I feel that my policy was so messed up until they just decided to fake this one.

I will go to the Insurance Commissioner and fight this one. That is absolutely incredible. Each time I spoke to someone...they gave me the run around. The man who took my taped claim statement spoke out of turn and told me that my policy was cancelled and that I did not have collision...I became concerned and expressed on the tape my concern about not having collision when in fact, I knew that I had it.

Atlana, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2005 05:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GEICO-Insurance/Macon-Georgia-31296-0001/GEICO-Insurance-ripoff-Payment-not-applied-for-21-days-policy-cancelled-claim-denied-Maco-140317. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GEICO Insurance