Complaint Review: GEICO

Macon, Georgia U.S.A.

Geico Human Resources Department Employee Firing Ripoff Macon Georgia

* : Nothing Surprises Me

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: GEICO's BAD Behaviour

*Consumer Comment: Profit sharing a written statement where it says GEICO must give you a profit sharing check?

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I was fired because I stood up to my Supervisor

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Employee Firing - Attorney Advice

I was hired on the 29 of May, 2002 in Geico Sales Dept. I immediately noticed the sloppy training and the educational level of the person doing the training it was not very high.

Anyway after moving on to the floor to start selling, I realized I knew nothing as far as hot to do certain tasks that were not taught in training. I complained and complained to this until a a Mr. Randy England moved me out of sales. I entered customer service training and at that point was so stressed that I had a stroke. I stayed off on diability leave untii December 2004. I re=ented a much better training environment which is supposed to train for success and get policy holders to say yes no matter what and buy the policy. However, I was called from training after being there two weeks and then told by the new Human Resources Office that I am being terminated. They took my badge and led me to the gate without any remorse.

I agree with Theresa that no Mr. Warren Buffet nor Tony Nicely knows what is going on at GEICO. However from what I can tell everyone is acting strange Region 3 seems to have budget problems and they are finding small, petty ways to get rid of everybody that they can to somehow stay afloat. That is my take on this.........Please reply with lawyer for I am another person who would like see justification for their evil practices.

Nathaniel
Macon, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2004 07:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GEICO/Macon-Georgia-31201/Geico-Human-Resources-Department-Employee-Firing-Ripoff-Macon-Georgia-123306. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GEICO

#1

Nothing Surprises Me

AUTHOR: Ex-employee - (USA)

Again, GEICO dislikes anybody working there who is sick or becomes disabled. GEICO only cares about increasing profits.

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

I see you have a lot to say about GEICO. Out of curiosity, what was the reason that you were fired?

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

GEICO's BAD Behaviour

AUTHOR: Big - (U.S.A.)

Nothing in these threads or posts shock me.

I worked for them in 1981 thru 1985 and I can say that the Management and Leadership at Geico are and continue to be a bunch of good ole' boys and a couple of gals that perpetuate one anothers bad behaviour.

The Employee ESOP plan past and present needs scrutiny and not just a look and see audit, as they hire top notch auditors and they are kings at what they do. A good deep look and a test of their system should show if they are in error.

Code of Conduct and Ethics - one would assume that an insurance carrier such as Geico would have something concrete- not just in writing but in how they do treat people.

There were good things that the company did but the name Tony Nicely isn't associated with them as are not others in the ivory tower on Wisconsin Avenue. Perhaps if they were to divest themselves of themselves, hire people with management and executive talent and then fire all the clones, perhaps then, they could have a slight chance of being a reputable firm. The next icon move they could make would be to take down all the art work from the Kreiger era, sell it and donate every penny to charity.

As for me, they fired me and every employer that contacts them is told what a horrible employee I was and no, I don't care. I also don't have the proof because of what they tell potential employers BUT what I learned is that the greasy wheel doesn't always work. What I do know and CAN PROVE is that because I was such a horrible employee, they "gave me" 18-20% annual pay raises every year I was there, and I want to expound what my boss told me- "I'm giving you..." He's still there in his own little kingdom. I've never forgotten that comment and how poorly they made me feel as not just an employee but as a human being.

MY ADVICE:

a) Don't do business with Geico they are NOT reputable.
b) Don't work for Geico they are NOT a fair and reputable employer and
c) Document everything- keep copies of everything, read everything as an employee or as a customer.

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

Can you provide a written statement where it says GEICO must give you a profit sharing check?

As I'm sure you know profit sharing checks aren't always given out. You get paid hourly as well as possibly some bonus in sales. You are told how much you make an hour and what bonus is if you qualify. Did they say you will get a profit sharing check every year? What if they don't make a profit, should you have to give them money?

On a side note to the original poster, how many of your class are still at GEICO still? As far as I was told by a GEICO employee, my brother, in sales there is no class to make everyone say yes to buy a policy. Yes there are continued classes to help sell, but it is impossible to make every one buy a policy, GEICO wouild be the only insurance company.

You note sloppy training and education of the trainer. Did this happen to everyone in your training class? Did know one have a clue, I'm sure some still work there? Why are they so differant than you?

#10 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I was fired because I stood up to my Supervisor

AUTHOR: Monica - (U.S.A.)

My name is Monica. I worked out of the Woodbury office for Geico Sales for approx 2 years.. I was fired because I stood up to my Supervisor, long story. Fellow employees also knew what was going on by telling me it was a blatant misuse of her Superiority. Adviserd me to watch because she was looking to get me fired. How convenient that I was fired 27 days before Profit Sharing Checksa were given out to employees and they are refusing to pay Unemployment benefits to me.

Geico could not provide written statement where it states that they can refuse to give you your Profit Sharing even though you played a part in the companys profit.

Thanks.

#11 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Employee Firing - Attorney Advice

AUTHOR: Tracy - (U.S.A.)

I read your comments and want to assist you with your problem. I know a good attorney in Macon who may be able to assist you. His name is Ken Brock, of Grist & Brock LLP, and his number is 741-0024. If you know of any others that were terminated for injuries from working at Geico, let Ken know. If he can get a total of 10 names, he can file a civil suit against them for these unlawful terminations. He is assisting a friend of mine and as far as I know, he has information now of 3 others this has happened to. Good luck and keep us informed of your situation.

P.S. You can trust Ken explicitly. He will fight for your rights and is an excellent attorney focused only on his clients rights. He is tough and can not be intimidated by Geico's attorneys.

Dear