Complaint Review: Geico

• Updated: Tue, May 06, 2014

• Reported By: Ms. P — Stone mountain Georgia
One GEICO Center macon, Georgia USA

Geico Geico cancelled my policy because I had an auto accident macon Georgia

I'm a very unhappy customer with GEICO INDEMNITY COMPANY. In April I decided to go back to GEICO. Policy number 4347-70-68-32. I signed up for services on 04/18/2014(my birthday). In less than a week I got into an accident on 04/24/2014. I filed my claim. Geico puts me in a rental car, totalled out my car, pick my car up from the salvage yard and then tells me that my policy is cancelled due to an error with my payment. I ask them to let me make the payment and they said no we can't restart your current policy but we can issue you a new one. After investigating the payment and finding out that it wasn't my fault the manager(michael) said he would have it reviewed with the underwriting dept. He then calls me back and said because of reviewing my polices in the past(5-6 years ago) that the underwriting dept will not reinstat my policy. I'm a victem of Geico backing out of my policy because I had an accident. Not just that the stress and pain that I'm going through. I've been to the hospital and been on medication. I now have to go sit with an attorney because Geico is being unreasonable and is trying not to cover my accident. They already have my car and the claim is already in process. I urge EVERYONE, my family, co-workers, friends and those who is reading this post. Please don't fall victem to this. Avoid signing up with Geico and if you have Geico, please change to a different insurance company. Geico will take your money for years but give you H*** if you get into an accident. I'm being stuck with not having no coverage and no car. I could've stayed with my previous company Nationwide. I'm so hurt that there is cruel people in the world that would make someone suffer a loss and then to make it worse leave me out to hang. I will be sitting with an attorney first thing in the morning.

Signed a very unhappy customer

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2014 07:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Geico/macon-Georgia-31295/Geico-Geico-cancelled-my-policy-because-I-had-an-auto-accident-macon-Georgia-1144592. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geico