Complaint Review: Gem Shopping Network

• Updated: Fri, December 13, 2013

• Reported By: John Jay — Benicia California
Gem Shopping Network
3259 Duluth Highway 120 Duluth, Georgia USA

Gem Shopping Network The product was way below standard and the price was outrageous. It made me feel like an idiot for trusting them. Also I have returned the item and I have heard they are notoriously slow with the refunds if we get them at all. Duluth Georgia

*General Comment: All good...

*Consumer Comment: A real complaint would have listed the item

*UPDATE Employee: At GSN we are not happy when a customer is not happy

I purchased  the worlds biggest ripoff in a tiny amount of supposedly rare silver in nugget form ( about 1/40 of an ounce).

The total price with S &H was $199.95.  This figures silver to be about $8000.00 per ounce.  The discription of the purchase

was grossly magnified and put in such a picture that it looked much more substantial to make into a pendent.

A very dissatisfied consumer,

John from California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2013 05:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gem-Shopping-Network-/Duluth-Georgia-30096/Gem-Shopping-Network-The-product-was-way-below-standard-and-the-price-was-outrageous-It-1106879. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gem Shopping Network

#1 General Comment

All good...

AUTHOR: N. Withrow - (USA)

I have been doing  business with GEMs Shopping Network for about five or so years and I have to say thus far I have never had a problem with the level of service they provide, not to mention their level of knowledge about their products.  I find their return policy exemplary!  I should know as I have returned purchases that didn't meet my scrutiny, or wasn't what I expected with being asked only one question, "..why are you returning..".  In fact they pretty much guarantee a no hassle return policy.  Just saying....

A real complaint would have listed the item

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

This complaint sounds like something a jealous dealer wrote, A real complaint would have given a description of the item and what was wrong with it.

At GSN we are not happy when a customer is not happy

AUTHOR: Gem Shopping - ()

John,

We were so sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your purchase and that you felt the need to post negative comments as a “dissatisfied consumer”.

Your order was placed with us on December 9th, you called in saying you wanted to return it on the 12th, we received the item back from you the 17th and credited your account for the full purchase amount on the 18th.  We feel the credit was applied in a timely manner as is our usual business practice.

Regarding the “grossly magnified” picture - most of our viewers know we display items in 10X view so that you can see all the details and any flaws. Our viewers tell us they appreciate the clarity that enhanced view offers. Our hosts always try to hold the item in their hand or on a models hand to give perspective on size. Based on the many purchases made from your account over the last two years we were surprised that you didn’t know how the on screen presentation view relates to the size of items we sell.

Last, regarding the value of the item. When purchasing unusual or collectible stones it is not the content of the precious metal that determines the value but rather the rarity of the item itself – this is the case with the 3 nuggets you purchased and returned.

We are sorry you were dissatisfied with your last purchase and unhappy that on Dec 13th you felt the need to post such negative comments before we had even received the item back from you. We work very hard to satisfy each of our customers, better yet to thrill and delight them.  We regret we were unable to do so in this case.

GSN