Complaint Review: genenhometech

• Submitted: Mon, April 05, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, April 05, 2010

• Reported By: Jan — Chicago Illinois United States of America
168 w. State Rd 434 Winter Springs, Tennessee United States of America

genenhometech Zenon Technology Solutions, dataentry/clerical job gives $ for off equip/supply.Tries to get personal info & use you to filter funds Winter Springs, Tennessee

Thank You to Ripoff Report for saving me from a scam!!!

While searching for a new job, I came across a position that was data entry/work at home. Pay was good, and I just had to send my resume to a company named genenhometech.  I emailed my resume and a short note.

Two days later I recieved and email from a Mr. Jersey from TN about this position. Asked a few short questions about why I wanted this position, etc. The first thing that tipped me off was that one of his questions read "What do u understand by petty cash"? I thought this was an odd question and poor use of grammer, but gave the benefit of the doubt, answered the question and emailed back.

Two days later, I recieved another email saying "Congratulations you have the job"! ? The email went on to say how I would be making $19 per hour and any overtime at 1 1/2 and they would be sending a laptop, printer, scanner, etc. As well as a check for funds to purchase additional equipment.

There were no phone numbers in this email, no way to contact anyone if I had questions. There was a short paragraph about how the companies web site is currently under going construction. However, I began to research Company names "genenhometech " (which I could not reference) and "Zenon Technology Solutions" (which I also could not) The one link that did work was "zenithtechnologies.org" but was under construction as had been stated in the email. He also stated in the email that the company was listed with the "Greater Britain Business Association" which I also referenced and could not find. I sent a number of emails with questions and did not get the answers.  This was the clue I was looking for to determine whether this was legitimate or not.

Finally, after really becoming curious now and the lack of answers to the questions I continued to ask of Mr. Jersey, I Googled for anwers covering consumer fraud alerts.  During the year 2008, this identical scam was in the UK and Canada - the gentleman's name "Benny Moore" and that lead me to this web site and a write up from a woman who experienced something similar. It appears the operations have moved to the United States in 2010. Another woman experienced something very similar to what I have, but she had been take for $2900.00!

Thank you Rip Off Report for saving me before I got scammed!!! I promptly copied the page on your website and emailed it to Mr. Jersey, declining the opportunity.  They did ask for my bank name(for payroll research they said-I would not have shared any account information or other information.)  The bank has also been contacted about the companies and any potential fraudulent activity quashed.

Hopefully this posting can help others

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2010 03:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/genenhometech/Winter-Springs-Tennessee-37406/genenhometech-Zenon-Technology-Solutions-dataentryclerical-job-gives-for-off-equipsup-589623. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on genenhometech