• Report: #719560

• Reported By: Larry — Frankfort Kentucky United States of America
General Electric Appliances
Frankfort, Kentucky United States of America

General Electric Appliances GE Washers Frankfort, Kentucky

I am a 57 year old man who has purchased GE products from the age of 15, buying portable radios up to adult age where I relied on GE appliances to keep food cold, cooked, and clothing cleaned. The feeling of buying a practicly maintenance free appliance that would last was a relief on ones mind who has worked to support a family

I purchased a GE washer and dryer approximately 3 years ago. The washer has been the poorest excuse for an appliance I have ever seen. I have had the washer worked on 2 times prior to the Warranty running out and now it's in need of repair for the same problems, but at my own expense. Need I say what it will cost to repair the washer plus for the house call and parts for a 3 year old washer is totally without a doubt Insane

The trust I did have in GE products has been totally buried and gone from this point on.  I am not having the washer repaired for the same problem 6 months down the road.  I have decided to purchase Maytag where I feel I can get the best services for my money and peace of mind knowing I will not have to wonder if I am going to have clean clothes to wear. Maybe, I can get the feeling of knowing a manufacturer is making products for the Working Man and Woman to have confidence in without spending money on it all the time after purchasing it.

As an American and a Consumer, I want you, GE, to know I am very disappointed in your company and will not be buying anymore GE products and will advise others to look elsewhere.

Sincerely

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2011 02:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/General-Electric-Appliances/Frankfort-Kentucky-/General-Electric-Appliances-GE-Washers-Frankfort-Kentucky-719560. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on General Electric Appliances