Complaint Review: General Electric

• Updated: Thu, October 15, 2009

• Reported By: No GE anymore — Vancouver British Columbia USA
General Electric
2300 Meadowvale Blvd Mississauga Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

GE General Electric GE can not even stick to their written warranty book Vancouver, British Columbia

I have a 16 month old GE dish washer, last week the drain pump died, I checked the book and it clearly says , first year parts and labor is free, second year only parts are free , next page you can see it says, individuals who can replace parts can ask to get the part shipped directly to their home, and this is what I did, but they refused to do so and asked me to book a service call to get someone to come and check first fr $80 , then they have to come back again and will charge $80 plus $80 an hour to replace the defective part. so I get a free drain pump and I have to pay $240 plus taxes??
I am only going by the book, I even scanned and email the pages from the manual to them but they still refused to do so.

I finally bought the part myself for $75 and replaced it myself and it's working like a charm now. everybody need to know about this, funny is this is not extended warranty , this is the original warranty.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2009 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/General-Electric/Vancouver-British-Columbia-/GE-General-Electric-GE-can-not-even-stick-to-their-written-warranty-book-Vancouver-Briti-509791. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on General Electric