Complaint Review: general motors

• Reported By: Vivian — Portage Indiana United States of America
general motors
300 renaissance center detroit, Michigan United States of America

general motors Ken Potts,manager of customer service detroit, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: "HUB SONG"....

*Author of original report: Arnell (Chevy) Auto Group Burns Harbor, IN

*Consumer Comment: VIVIAN, IT APPEARS THAT GENERAL MOTORS IS PART OF THE "HUB". YOU CAN....

*Consumer Comment: Chuckle

*Author of original report: Arnell Auto Group

*Consumer Comment: Good luck.

I own a 2007 chevy cobalt and it has been making a rattling, grunting sound coming from the front end. My husbands friend owns a 2007 Cobalt also and he had the same problem. I decided to have it looked at by Arnell(I bought the car there) because my power steering went out while making a u-turn(a recall I was not informed of) and I was told that the problem was the lower control arm bushing.

I decided to research this on the web and found thousands of complaints for the exact same defect. I called Arnell ask ask about this defect and was told by Mike inthe servicethat he has NEVER seen this problem before. I expected to have this repaired paid by Arnell because of all the complaints on web. I asked to speak to the service manager, Ken Potts and was told he was busy. Mike came back on the phone and told me Ken would forgo the cost of parts(around 50.00) but i would have to pay the 312.00 labor. This was not agreeable with me so I called GM corporation and was told the same thing.I called GM back and was told that a district specialist was looking at my case now that I complained enough, They said it would take 24 hours for them to get back to me.

As we speak, my car is still at Arnell and repairs are done but I will pick it up after I hear from GM.We also have a 2001 Taurus(which I love) but it's time for a new car and Arnell Auto Group and GM will not even be considered. VivianPortage,IN

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2010 04:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/general-motors/detroit-Michigan-48226/general-motors-Ken-Pottsmanager-of-customer-service-detroit-Michigan-676094. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on general motors

"HUB SONG"....

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

is a fun song to dance to. It's only available here at Ripoff Report!

*Anyone can type in 411913 and the "HUB SONG" appears as 'Consumer Comment #55' at Ripoff Report #411913.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Arnell (Chevy) Auto Group Burns Harbor, IN

AUTHOR: Vivian Ayres - (United States of America)

not only has arnell refused to pay for my auto repairs they tried to rip me off when i picked up my cobalt. I asked how much is was and was told it was 312.50 for the repair. I did my homework on this defect and knew it didn't take 2 1/2 hours to fix as i was charged. I decided to ask to speak to the mechanic so they got him. i asked him about how long it takes to fix this bushing and he said "Oh, about 30-45 minutes. Mike, the guy in the service department's jaw fell to the floor. Now he tell me that he thought the mechanic fixed the rear bushing which is a 2 1/2 hour job.(Yeah right) right on the receipt is says (And I Quote) "tech replaced the FRONT lower control arm bushings". mike apologised and started to type a new receipt in computer for correct amount but at that time i said i wanted a copy of the incorrect receipt and he said he couldn't give it to me because he started the new receipt. The incorrect receipt was right under his nose and i pointed to it and said the receipt is right there and i want a copy of it. he was not happy to give it to me but i insisted.He proceeded to give me new amount which was still higher then my research tells me it should be because GM said they would pay for the parts.($48.28) how generous.Turn out he wasstill chargingme for the price of the parts and i said not a chance in hades. My bill finally went from $312.50 to $125.00 as it should have. my husband asked mike if i didn't say something to him would he have noticed this ERROR!! and in a cocky voice said, 'no i wouldn't. Beware all my friends out there. i plan to persue this MUCH further than the boys at arnell. they're useless and apparently dishonest(oh, i forgot, it was an honest mistake!!! we'll see who laughs last. oh and ken, i dont know how stupid you really are but the rebuttals you send say from Ken Potts. Oh that's right, you said you didn't know what i was talking about. LOL

VIVIAN, IT APPEARS THAT GENERAL MOTORS IS PART OF THE "HUB". YOU CAN....

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

'Google' this- WHO OWNS THE FED BANK, WHO CONTROLS WHO VIDEO, and watch it on the web for proof.

Then 'Google' this- WHO OWNS THE FED?, and go to the site with the 5 charts to see that General Motors appears in 'Chart 3', okay?

***************************** HUB ALERT ******************************

"HUB POEM" and "HUB SONG" are available at this website!

*Just type in 670790 and the poem appears as 'Consumer Comment #10' at Ripoff Report #670790.

*Then type in 411913 to sing the "HUB SONG". It appears as 'Consumer Comment #55' at Ripoff Report #411913.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Chuckle

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

Please remember to post back here and let us know how that works out for you. As I pointed out above, you don't really have a basis for your complaint. You appear to be one of those special people for whom pesky things like limited warranties do not apply.

I'm sure the AG has a special file for letters like yours.

Arnell Auto Group

AUTHOR: Vivian Ayres - (United States of America)

Hey Toots, I'm not messing with you, I'm talking to the big boy,Attorney General , consumer protection and Secretary of State. Mr. Whitacre CEO,GM has a letter on his way too. By the way, you can pay my rental car too. Bye sweetcheeks!!!

Good luck.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

". I expected to have this repaired paid by Arnell because of all the complaints on web. "

I'm not following your logic. Because there are complaints on the web, that somehow entitles you to get it fixed for free?

Here's how it really works. All vehicles have defects. Some expensive, some not. Manufacturers give you a warranty that covers defects for a given period of time / mileage. Once the warranty has expired, you are expected to pay for the cost of fixing your vehicle. They have offered to cover the cost of parts, which they do not have to do. If I were you, I'd take them up on the offer and be done with it.

It is more than they are required to do under the terms of the warranty.

About the only timie you're going to get things fixed for free after the warranty is under a NHTSA or manufacturer's voluntary recall. These are only issued for defects that pose an immediate risk to safety.