Complaint Review: General Motors

• Updated: Sun, March 27, 2011

• Reported By: Senior citizen — Kingman Arizona United States of America
General Motors
Reinsance Bldg Detroit, Michigan United States of America

General Motors I purchased a $44,000 CTS cadillac, that has been in for repairs over and over since I had it. Detroit, Michigan

*Consumer Suggestion: Or

*Consumer Suggestion: I use these, they work well

*Consumer Comment: Sorry, I forgot to say SOLAR, uses the sun's rays.

*Consumer Comment: You can get a battery Charger tht fits the cigarette Lighter.

I was told by General Motor's management that the car has so much electronics on it that it can't sit idle for 3 days or it will kill the battery.  When I complained about this, I was told that I should have researched the car before purchasing it.  This was a fact about the car.

I am left stranded at the airport, hotel and home if I leave the car over 3 days.  I had hoped that this would be my last car due to retirement.  I am now a prisoner of my home, afraid to go to travel and have the car not crank.

Who would have ever thought that you would have to worry about a Cadillac and remembering to go out and start it up within 3 days or you can't drive it.  My daughter's Focus starts every time.  Is a car for driving or looking good and having fancy features.

Who said "Buy American".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2011 12:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/General-Motors/Detroit-Michigan-/General-Motors-I-purchased-a-44000-CTS-cadillac-that-has-been-in-for-repairs-over-and-710004. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on General Motors

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Or

AUTHOR: mr. rik - (United States of America)

You can install a "kill-switch" aka a battery disconnect switch. To disconnect the battery if your not gonna be using the car for ahwile.

or

You can just disconnect the battery yourself under the hood.  If you can get to it.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

I use these, they work well

AUTHOR: mr. rik - (United States of America)

Here is a quick link I found, but looks like theyre out of stock right now

Radio Shack used to carry these, not sure about now. Got mine on sale for about 19.99 each.

Just make sure to wipe the dust off em and your windshield if you leave the car sit for a couple months or more.

Theres also a thing that takes a 9volt battery that you plug into your lighter socket as well.

Cars have had this problem since theyve had computers.  The fords I used to drive made in the 80s might go a week or so before they had to be jumped.

If you keep letting your battery die, its not gonna last long.  You might wanna upgrade to the optima yellow top which has deep cycle.

Sorry, I forgot to say SOLAR, uses the sun's rays.

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

THAT will end the problem.

You can get a battery Charger tht fits the cigarette Lighter.

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

And that will end the problem.