Complaint Review: General Motors

• Updated: Tue, May 08, 2012

• Reported By: Mad at GM — Pissedoph New Jersey United States of America
General Motors
100 Renaissance Center Detroit, Michigan United States of America

General Motors GM, GMC Family nearly killed by defective airbags blowing up at 75 MPH in GMC Savana van!! Detroit, Michigan

*Author of original report: Turnaround!!

The air bags in my almost new 2011 GMC Savana passenger van, all deployed and blew up in our faces while driving 75 MPH on interstate!! This nearly caused a wreck! HOwever, we were able to stop without hitting anything.

We were promtply contacted by GM Product Allegations Dept. who must be a bunch of insensitive, half rate lawyers. Once they obtained all the information they wanted they proceeded to explain that they would not provide a rental vehicle, that I must have been driving erratically or hit a speed bump ( there's a lot of them on the freeways nowadays) or hit something!! The van would need to be inspected and determination could take up to 60 days. So they expected me to drive my unsafe vehicle until they decide what went wrong!

After 2-1/2 weeks we receved a call saying that there is a defective air bag control module and your vehicle will be repaired, with the verbal threat that if I dont accept this offer the case will be closed! However, still no provision for a rental vehicle, no real determination of what caused this or that it wont happen again with more drastic results, and no real assurance that this vehicle will be made safe again.

Also not providing any form of compensation for the diminished value that this vehicle now has!! Not even an apology for falsely accusing me of driving erratically!!  And this is all to someone who has only bought GM vehicles for the past 30+ years!! Should have bought a Toyota, I guess.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2012 04:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/General-Motors/Detroit-Michigan-48265/General-Motors-GM-GMC-Family-nearly-killed-by-defective-airbags-blowing-up-at-75-MPH-in-G-876435. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on General Motors

Turnaround!!

AUTHOR: Mad at GM - (United States of America)

I would like to retract this report as much to my surprise, after writing to the CEO and getting a well known dealer to listen to my predicament, they have said they will replace my vehicle with a trade assist for full purchase price return toward another vehicle!!! Wow!! Not what I expected after the run around with Product Allegation dept.