Complaint Review: general motors

• Updated: Mon, March 20, 2000

• Reported By:
general motors
Nationwide U.S.A.

general motors chevrolet poor-quality trucks

I have a ninety-five chevrolet half ton pick-up. My warranty cover most of everything up to three years or 36000 miles. My transmission went out at 39000 miles for no other reason than bad parts. A few other people that I know have the same complaint. I tried to reach a GM plant quality control manager or anyone else who could at least answer some questions of mine.

The only person who ever contacted me was a customer service rep who was totally ignorant of everything on an automobile except for the passenger compartment controls. My u-joints also were worn out by 30000 miles because there is no way to service the original ones.

If you are wealthy and trade vehicles in every year for a new truck or sport utility minivan bus then you probably don't care about a couple thousand dollars for a new transmission if it goes out after the warranty is up. I work hard for my money and I used to have respect for American auto manufacturers. I will never buy a new automobile again made buy Chevrolet unless I am reimbursed for my transmission failure.

I will continue to advise everyone I know to do the same. I mean, face it, a twenty to forty thousand dollar automobile should last at least 100000 miles with no problems left unserviced with no extra cost to the consumers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/general-motors/nationwide/general-motors-chevrolet-poor-quality-trucks-1609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on general motors