Complaint Review: general survey inc

• Updated: Thu, June 03, 2010

• Reported By: Claude — Lewis Center United States of America
general survey inc
Hickeville, New York United States of America

general survey inc US BANCORP MANAGEMENT & SERVICES SECRET SHOPER SCAM Hickeville, New York

I received a letter in my mail box saying

"We are a SECRET CUSTOMER employment firm that specializes in assisting corporations on how to improve customer services to their clientle: we represent over 2500 firms. You have been chosen by our human resources department to evaluate the store/businesses listed below. Congratulations!!!.....

NOTE: As a first time shopper with our company, you must call 1-647-860-4259 or 1-360933-5657 to activate your check. If the lines are busy please leave your check number, Ref no, and your telephone number on the answering machine and your check will be activated...email us at generalsurveyinc@yahoo.com

NOTE: Below are the stores you have been assigned to evaluate

Employee Pay--------------------$300.00

Western union transaction--------$2345.00

Best Buy-------------------------$100.00

Walgreen's-----------------------$100.00

Service charge by western union--$100.00

Total-----------------------------$2,945.00"

Included in the letter was a check for $2,945. I, doubting the check, called in the phone number and actually received someone on the other side, a Mr. Michael Ingram, who proceeded to activate the check. I was still doubting the legitimacy of all this but he told me i did not have to give them any of my personal information and so that eased some of my fears. I next went to my bank to see if they would take the check and in fact it was deposited into my account with a hold for 3 days. I called Mr. Ingram again to inform him of the hold. After the holding period cleared on May 26, 2010 i thought that meant the check was good because the funds were deposited into my account. I then proceed to do as the company asked. I went to all the stored and spent the money the allotted me and then I did the Western Union money transfer to their receiver, Steve Adams in Hong Kong. I was told to report the western union transaction number to Mr. Ingram, which i did. After completing the assignment I emailed all receipts back to the email,thinking this was a legit company. But then on June 3rd, 2010 I was contacted by my Bank it seems that the check for $2945.00 was recalled on June 1st and so the bank removed all my money which wasn't even enough to cover the amount and now I have an overdrawn checking account for more than a $1000. This is a SCAM don't buy into it!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2010 11:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/general-survey-inc/Hickeville-New-York-1108-5121/general-survey-inc-US-BANCORP-MANAGEMENT-SERVICES-SECRET-SHOPER-SCAM-Hickeville-New-Yor-610136. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on general survey inc