Complaint Review: Genius Trends Inc

• Updated: Sat, December 21, 2013

• Reported By: 3rdprotocol — Bhavnagar Georgia
Genius Trends Inc
55, Green St, Clinton, Massachusetts USA

Genius Trends Inc Alan Argollo Got the work done and ripped off the remaining money Clinton Massachusetts

*Author of original report: Great Liar

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Work Delivered was Unacceptable

Alan Argollo from Genius Trends Inc is a total fraud.  Hired us on odesk.com for a project to write specifications for one of their client's application of Telex Mobile.   From last one month, he has taken the document, promised payments but is not processing them. We are contacting lawyers and will excercise every way to recover our outstanding payments. Its a shame that such people are just running away with money and proving to be scamsters.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2013 02:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Genius-Trends-Inc/Clinton-Massachusetts-01510/Genius-Trends-Inc-Alan-Argollo-Got-the-work-done-and-ripped-off-the-remaining-money-Clint-1108772. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Genius Trends Inc

Great Liar

AUTHOR: 3rdprotocol - ()

First of all, this project was not for $150. It was for $350 including the bonus.  Alan, just paid me $75. His oDesk rating is also terrible.  One of his contracts has highly negative feedback for him, where his payment method has been declined and the contractor he hired, refused to work with him further.

The document he claims to have got written was done under a Server Architecture document that was done for a much higher price.  After all, there is a significant difference between getting a specification document and a Functional requirements specification with server architecture.

The document provided what he asked for.  He has a modus operandi of posting two to three different jobs and getting pieces of work done quickly from different people, promising them a bonus on urgent delivery and then rips them off after disappearing and deleting them from his gtalk and skype buddy lists.

For this contract, he hired 3 people, got the server architecture written from one, use case diagrams from another(at dirt cheap rates)..imagine 30 use case diagrams done for just $30.

Our lawyers will follow up with his company and make sure he produces the original document.  We have the Odesk link and history of his job posting.

Law will take its course.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Work Delivered was Unacceptable

AUTHOR: Alan - ()

First off let's be clear... this is a $150 job we are discussing here....We hired Kapil to deliver us a report. I promised to even pay a bonus if he finished early. I guess he wanted that bonus wayyyy to much, because he rushed to deliver the report and it was disaster.... It was so bad and incomplete that we had to hire someone else, and (cheaper!) and to make up for what he did.

Now Kapil is demanding that I pay him. I wish he was determined to his job as he is to get his money back. AS i told him, I will not pay him since the work he did caused more harm to my client than anything. Please beware of his work and ethics and if you need work done, I would not suggest him. My oDesk rating is excellent and have never not paid for work done for me. This is the first time... Even though its only $150, I refuse to pay for something SO bad.