Complaint Review: Geo Telecom

• Submitted: Sat, January 13, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, February 26, 2007

• Reported By:Virginina Beach Virginia
Geo Telecom
P.O. Box 376 Fort Lee, New Jersey U.S.A.

Geo Telecom/DMV Plus I bought DMV Plus Card from a Filipino grocery whose vendor assured me that I can use it to call the Philippines. When I tried using it, an automated voice tells me that the phone line I am calling in the Philippines is disconnected. Ridiculous because the party I am calling, calls me all the time and she says her phone has never been disconnected. Fort Lee New Jersey

*Author of original report: No response

I bought a DMV Plus long distance calling card issued by Geo Telecom. I tried calling my sister in the Philippines with number country code 63 area code 02 and phone no. 641-5753 since Dec. 24, 2006. All I get is a recorded voice telling me that the phone has been disconnected. Not so, because the intended party calls me often and assures me her phone has never been disconnected. I e-mailed the company about this and they told me I was dialing the country code for Mexico. So the next several times I made sure I was dialing the correct 63 country code for the Philippines. Still no connection with the same recorded message telling me the line is disconnected. I e-mailed Geo Telecom several times again about this with the last one telling them I will denounce them in Ripoff.com. No reply.

Crescente
Virginina Beach, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2007 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Geo-Telecom/Fort-Lee-New-Jersey-07024/Geo-TelecomDMV-Plus-I-bought-DMV-Plus-Card-from-a-Filipino-grocery-whose-vendor-assured-m-230344. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geo Telecom

No response

AUTHOR: Crescente - (U.S.A.)

The people of this company must be admirably thick-skinned or they are blissfully unaware of my complaint. Meanwhile, I guess they're earning well from other Filipinos who continue to buy their card but are unable to use it.