Complaint Review: George Elkins Mortgage Brokers

• Updated: Fri, August 09, 2013

• Reported By: David — Glastonbury Connecticut
George Elkins Mortgage Brokers
23440 Hawthorne Blvd., Suite 270 Torrance , California USA

George Elkins Mortgage Banking Centerline Bank New York Took an application fee of $8500.00 stroked my along for 6 months and then denied the application and loan Torrance California

What a joke these two companies are. I submitted an application fee of $8,500.00 and supplied them with personal and business information.  This a money was to pay for an appraisal anauto process the Pplication for a loan on a piece of real estate that I owe. Mind you prior to giving them any money the asked me for all kinds off personal and business financial information.  After submitting this information to them they assured me I would qualify for the loan I was looking for.  George Elkins compNy send i would be receiving an email with instructions. Well i did receive an email,  it was a blank application that i had to fill out along with all other information they would require. i also had to submitt a check for $8500.00. I thought they were joking when they sent the blank application and i had to fill it out. Remember they perviously received all the information that they again were looking for on this application. The original information that I had to supply them took me about two weeks to get it to them as it was a lot of information. I thought they were compling all the information for the application. That was not the case. I again had to get all this information as I didnt save it because it was all personal and financial stuff.

After now a month of time wasted I submitted my application to them and it came back twice with mistakes.  I tried to explain to them that I am not a financial whiz and that this was there business not mine.  After all I was paying them for the application fee. I would have thought that by sending them my original information they would be entering it on the application where they wanted it. Not to leave it to me to enter after all I'm the amateure.  Needless to say after thee third try I got it righT and submitted my $8,500 check. They assured me that everything was good.  Yeah right. About a week later I received an email asking for a lot more information. Stuff that had to be filled out on there forms because my format maws not acceptable. God forbid they have to look at my computer printed forms and formats.  So I'm thinking I already sent them my $8500.00 and they cashed the check I can't back out now. So I fill form ore therein forms. Being the consumer /amateur at this stuff again I made a couple of mistake and had to correct them. I thought I was back in school. I'm thinking why are George Elkins company not filling this stuff out after all I'm paying them. I would have been a lot easier as I am trying to run my business and employees. Oh well. more time wasted. so after they 2nd batch of information was sent to them guess what?  I get a email asking for more information.  sent that to them. They call now they sending centerline bank to my business with the appraisal compThese I spent 6 hours with about 8 of them. They were asking me tons of questions. I think they just wanted to get out of the office for the day. At the close of the meeting they said everything looks good and we should close on the loan in 45 days.  I'm thinking it already been 3 months since I startled this process what another month and a half.

so the 45 days goes by and I finally call George Elkins and they told me there is a mistake on my paperwork. I put the wrong information on a line and it looked like I had more money then i had.  I,m thinking I'm not trying to deceive them and if they would have put the information on the application or accepted my forms there would have been no mistakes as my forms were right they way I unsterstood finances. They told me I need more liquid cash in the bank and wanted it in the bank for 60 days. I asked them (George Elkins) ok I put the information in the wrong spot on their paperwork but why did it take the 5 months to figure that there was a mistake. I told them Isthat it was BULL Crap. So hey told me that the company they glad me with wont give me the loan but for another $65000.00. They could find some company that would write the loan. I thought they were joking. I paid them 8500.00. And they won't even send me a copy of the appraisal that I paid for and now they want another 65000.00 because new they can help.  Stay away from George Elkins. I don't even think they are register with the Secartary of State in Califorina. I have my lawyer lookinto into if I can suE them. Be ware and don't send them any money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2013 02:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/George-Elkins-Mortgage-Brokers-/Torrance-California-90505/George-Elkins-Mortgage-Banking-Centerline-Bank-New-York-Took-an-application-fee-of-850-1074513. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on George Elkins Mortgage Brokers