Complaint Review: georgetown kia

• Updated: Fri, October 04, 2013

• Reported By: ccy — mississauga Ontario
georgetown kia
314 Guelph St Georgetown,, Ontario Canada

georgetown kia/ car nation Make sure all items negotiated are in writing Georgetown, Ontario

I purchased an Acura 2008 Rdx from Georgetown KIA in March 2011.
During the inspection walk around, I pointed out the tires have to be changed, otherwise all was good.
During the signing of the purchase, I again pointed out the tires have to be changed both the sales person and sales manager ensured me I have absolutely nothing to be concern about and everything would be taken care of.
    During the negotiations, I put in my set of Michelin snow tires and rims from my trade in to lower the purchased price. They were used for two seasons and were practically new. Since I was getting new tires and would put my savings into a new set of snow tires for the Acura.
    When we picked up the car, the sales person pointed out right away, we got you new tires. Since he told me the tires were new, I checked if they were Michelins and they were. I thought to myself these guys were a class act and replaced the old tires with the original brand.
    We brought the car to our mechanic for our first 5k oil change and he pointed out to us we needed new tires. Kia inspected the tires the two front tires are down to the wear bars and rear two were in better shape.
Kia responded to my concerns with:
a. I just started working here and didn't know we have a no new tire exchange policy.
b. The tires are new but it means new used tires. (Didn't tell you see item a.)
c. You should have brought up this concern when you picked up the vehicle, now we cannot help you. (Didn't tell you see item b.)
    The difficulty of responding to all of the above was I thought the sales people were trained and could be trusted to let me know the truth. If I knew about the policy at anytime I could have negotiated the sales price differently or not at all.
    Furthermore, the car was delivered dirty because there was a mix up with the detailer.
My wife spent day in Georgetown, because she had to drive the car back to Georgetown from Mississauga for the detailing.
    My wonderful experience with Car Nation went from a satisfied professional one to one leaving a bad taste in my mouth.
I now have to purchase two sets of tires for a car I just purchased because it was my fault that I didn't know the company's purchasing policies.
Least to say, not impressed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2013 08:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/georgetown-kia/-Georgetown-Ontario/georgetown-kia-car-nation-Make-sure-all-items-negotiated-are-in-writing-Georgetown-Ont-1089417. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on georgetown kia