Complaint Review: Georgia Power

• Updated: Fri, October 05, 2012

• Reported By: Fedup — Forest Park Georgia United States of America
Georgia Power
241 Ralph McGill Blvd Internet, Georgia United States of America

*Consumer Comment: always on the side of the consumer

*Consumer Comment: I have a couple of questions on your Ripoff Report...

This is a shame, our bill rose from an avergae $80 a month to over $300.  This is unaffordable for me. This is highly unusuall, because I have not moved, I have not added any new electronics and on of that I stopped using my A/C to try to bring the bill down. I used my a/c off and on in Aug. and not at all in Sep, so why was I charged more in Sep. than Aug.? My bill says I used more kilowatts in Sep, this is not possible at all. When I called to complain, they said my Kw usage went up and down according to the temp outside. This indicates A/C usage and I didn't use it or any fans during the whole month. I want to Leave Georgia Power, but they have a monopoly on electric service. I want to sue, but can't afford a lawyer because my bill is so high, WTF are they doing at Georgia Power. This has to stop!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2012 12:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Georgia-Power/Internet-Georgia-/Georgia-Power-GA-power-Theft-cheating-cheated-steal-stole-stealing-over-charging-Int-950822. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Georgia Power

always on the side of the consumer

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

what company do you work for????

I have a couple of questions on your Ripoff Report...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

"Georgia Power GA power Theft, cheating, cheated, steal, stole, stealing, over charging Internet, Georgia"

How did they cheat, steal and over charge you?

What law enforcement, your states public utilities commission and the BBB do about this gross theft and dishonesty when you reported it.....you DID report it, right?

If you didn't report it and have proof rather than just B.S. why didn't you?

Did they just add KWH usage to your meter reading because they don't like you?

I guess, with what you wrote, I don't see any Ripoff here.

And BTW, it's not their problem whether the service is "unaffordable" to you.

No, I DON'T work for them.

What, if you could afford one, would you have a lawyer do?  For that, you would need the PROOF I mentioned above.